Contribute
Register

Nvidia Web Driver Compatibility with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I downloaded a few games from my library and I tested them out.

Civilization V was actually going very smoothly on high settings but it crashed unexpectedly after about 5 minutes of gameplay.

CS:GO was reporting very good frames in the loading menu, but in game, the frames kept dipping below 60. The game also crashed upon me trying to change the graphics settings.

Maybe it could be a DirectX problem - I'm not sure. I don't really know how to diagnose these issues, but I'll try.

I ran CIV V @ 165hz on max settings for about 10 min and then it crashed as well haha

let me know if you find anything.

I ran CIV V @ 165hz on max settings for about 10 min and then it crashed as well haha

let me know if you find anything.

Looking into it further (primarily on the Steam forums and the CivVFanatics Mac sub-forum), it seems like Civ V has shaky performance even on genuine Macs. Apparently the company that did the port, Aspyr, kinda messed it up.

People are saying that the best way to keep it running is to use low settings, although this sucks because I want it to look good lol.

I'll run a test right now and see if it works.

Looking into it further (primarily on the Steam forums and the CivVFanatics Mac sub-forum), it seems like Civ V has shaky performance even on genuine Macs. Apparently the company that did the port, Aspyr, kinda messed it up.

People are saying that the best way to keep it running is to use low settings, although this sucks because I want it to look good lol.

I'll run a test right now and see if it works.

Yeah, it seems to be working fine now. I think I'm gonna increase the settings and see how it runs later; gotta go make some music on GarageBand lol

how are u guys dealing with the HDMI sound?!. from gtx 1060 ??

Last edited:
it worked. just changed this, and removed all nvd entries in clover except web driver.

linis try using multibeast to change to iMac 14,2

It should be the most compatible and it is the one i use.

Thanks i havn't seen your message but done that after looking on other threads and it helped :)

how are u guys dealing with the HDMI sound?!. from gtx 1060 ??

This one is tricky i'm working on it with community help i hope getting through

Can't do anything with my Nvidia 1060. System shows name properly but 7mb of memory. Tried everything.
Every time nvidia comes back to native driver.

Ok DONE!

After many many searches found:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

All the owners ie of GIGABYTE motherboards 100 series should:
"make sure you have selected EmuVariableUefi-64"

Otherwise computer never switch to use web drivers.

Hope it helps someone.

Yes, found that also meanwhile on another thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back