Motherboard
Gigabyte H170-Gaming 3
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just figured out how to fix an issue that I've had for a couple days now.

I am using the clover bootloader, which I assume most of you are also using, and I kept trying to select the recently released NVIDIA Web Driver for pascal cards (download it here) in the Nvidia menu bar item that comes with the driver and it never switched from the OS X Default Graphics Driver, no matter what I did.

To fix this, when in the Clover drive selection menu to boot, select the disk with Sierra on it and head into the boot options. Go to the "Graphics Configuration" section, unselect your current graphics injection selection (for me, it was the Intel 530HD Graphics injector), and select "Use NVIDIA Web Drivers", making sure not to have anything else in the "Graphics Configuration" section selected.

This may seem stupid to some of the older TonyMacers, but for us newbs, this could be very helpful. I am proud to say I have dual monitors finally set up on the Hackintosh

For reference: here is what your "About This Mac" section should look like once you have completed a successful NVIDIA Web Driver selection.

Overview Section - note the Graphics section has properly identified my 1060
Displays Section - note the source for each monitor is also displayed as my properly identified 1060

Mine sees my gtx 1080 but the resolution is 1280x1024 and is says i have 5mb of vram.

Any ideas?

My guess is that you may have some issue with your config.plist or your boot options in clover. I'm at school at the moment but as soon as I get home, I'll look into it further

Ah i removed nv_disabled=1 and now it works perfectly!!

Thanks for this mate.

Attachments

• Hackintosh GTX 1080 working!.png
    Hackintosh GTX 1080 working!.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 835
Last edited:
Mate this is my third time trying to install and my first succesfull one haha. Going well so far.

One thing, when running games (Dying light) it is very choppy. I am not sure if it is due to poor graphics handling or simply that I run both the OS and the game of a 2,5" spinning drive. Got any experiences yourself with gaming using OS X?

Mate this is my third time trying to install and my first succesfull one haha. Going well so far.

One thing, when running games (Dying light) it is very choppy. I am not sure if it is due to poor graphics handling or simply that I run both the OS and the game of a 2,5" spinning drive. Got any experiences yourself with gaming using OS X?

Actually I don't have any experience with gaming on this machine, other than minecraft lmao.

I'm going to download steam right now and I can get back to you. I imagine now, with proper drivers, I can hopefully get decent performance. I too am running MacOS on a 2.5", 5400RPM HDD that I took from my old laptop lol. Its not too bad actually. Having 16GB of ram most likely helps out too.

Actually I don't have any experience with gaming on this machine, other than minecraft lmao.

I'm going to download steam right now and I can get back to you. I imagine now, with proper drivers, I can hopefully get decent performance. I too am running MacOS on a 2.5", 5400RPM HDD that I took from my old laptop lol. Its not too bad actually. Having 16GB of ram most likely helps out too.

So, I downloaded a few games from my library and I tested them out.

Civilization V was actually going very smoothly on high settings but it crashed unexpectedly after about 5 minutes of gameplay.

CS:GO was reporting very good frames in the loading menu, but in game, the frames kept dipping below 60. The game also crashed upon me trying to change the graphics settings.

Maybe it could be a DirectX problem - I'm not sure. I don't really know how to diagnose these issues, but I'll try.

i'm unable to setup my 1060, if i activate the web driver i end up with either black screen or artefacts... and when not enabled i have this:

Capture d’écran 2017-04-22 à 00.07.27.png

please i need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back