Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

I’m getting black screen after scripting. I’m running 10.13.3 (iMac 14,2) with an 1070. The installed driver was 378.10.10.10.25.106

I can boot with -x to get generic driver, but only black screen with 378.10.10.10.25.106.

What shoul I do?
Are you using the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts?

How do we use those?.

Just wanna thank you, for this amazing script. It worked on I3 6100, h110m, gtx 950 2GB, High Sierra 10.13.
Before I was just simple graphics, and every tutorial I've read, didn't work. I've tried ACDP fix patch or something like that, tried to disable SIP, enable, put the kexts, and all this things. I've just put the script on terminal, and it worked. Downloaded the exactly version of Nvidia Drivers and everything else. Sorry about some English errors, it's not my main language. Again, thank you!

Given the recent issues with official nVidia web driver releases (namely 387.10.10.10.25.156 and 387.10.10.10.25.157), I decided to put together a dead simple one-stop solution for updating to the latest reliable nVidia web drivers.

It's called nvidia-update and hopefully makes life easier for you guys.

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

The script is open-source (MIT licensed) and pull requests are welcome.

It does the following:

• Checks for official driver updates for your version of macOS.
  • Cross-references against a list of blacklisted drivers, that it'll avoid installing (by default).
  • Properly uninstalls old drivers.
  • Downloads and installs the latest non-blacklisted drivers.
  • On-the-fly patches driver packages so they can be installed on your version of macOS (if necessary).
  • Patches drivers that you've already installed, if they no longer match your macOS version i.e. post macOS update.

The script has a fair few smarts to it, but is implemented more robustly/carefully than some of the alternatives out there. For example, instead of manually copying files to hard-coded paths, all installation and uninstallation takes place by running nVidia's package (.pkg) files; which install to the correct location and properly clean-up after themselves.

Execution

Simply paste the following line in a terminal:

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

You can of course download/save the script to your computer if you prefer to, doing so gives you access to a couple of advanced options, but for normal use they're not required.

Clover / Boot Configuration

The script doesn't mess with any boot behaviour on your system, and Clover setup is left up to you. You'll likely want the following kernel extensions installed in your EFI Clover kext directory:

Thank you so much!

You brought my Hackintosh back to life!!!

This worked like a charm. Everything was laggy and stuttering, and even the beach ball was appearing more frequently than the mouse cursor. I was afraid there was something wrong with my hardware but nope, it was the drivers.

System:
macOS: High Sierra v. 10.13.4
Model name/id: iMac 18,3
CPU: Coffee Lake i7 8700k
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Twin Frozr
MB: ASRock Fatal1ty Professional Gaming i7
RAM: 32 GB G.skill DDR4 @ 4237 MHz
Storage: Samsung SSD 960 Pro 512 GB nvme m.2 x2, Samsung SSD Pro 860 2TB, Samsung SSD Pro 840 256GB external
Monitors: Dell UP2718Q x2

Edit: Forgot the GPU...

It works awesome, yet I'm getting some intermittent black screens (Kinda turned off) with .106.
I'm running a 1050 low profile card, anybody knows another good driver version I could try?
.156 was laggy and did not work at all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 11.34.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 11.34.36 AM.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 202
Back