Contribute
Register

nvidia-update - Simple way to install nVidia web drivers

Wow! Very interesting! These latest compiled kexts (Lilu v1.2.3 & NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5) with the new *30.103 Nvidia driver gets rid of system and chrome lag completely :clap:, but I cannot load the WebGL test or run the OpenGL benchmark in Cinebench :(. The OpenCL, CUDA, and Metal benchmarks, on the other hand, run great! (see scores below)

P.S. - I tried both silvercircle and dracon's compiled kexts (same updated versions but different file sizes), and the results were the same.

benchmarks.png

Last edited:
Wow! Very interesting! These latest compiled kexts (Lilu v1.2.3 & NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5) with the new *30.103 Nvidia driver gets rid of system and chrome lag completely :clap:, but I cannot load the WebGL test or run the OpenGL benchmark in Cinebench :(. The OpenCL, CUDA, and Metal benchmarks, on the other hand, run great! (see scores below)

P.S. - I tried both silvercircle and dracon's compiled kexts (same updated versions but different file sizes), and the results were the same.

View attachment 322865

Hey Apple Pic
Can you share the kexts you compiled with me? I want to test on mine too. And I have a quick question, I'm using 14,2, do you think if I change to 17,1 it will improve the system performance?
Thanks
Fabrik

Hey Apple Pic
Can you share the kexts you compiled with me? I want to test on mine too. And I have a quick question, I'm using 14,2, do you think if I change to 17,1 it will improve the system performance?
Thanks
Fabrik
I didn't compile any, I tried both silvercircle and dracon's compiled kexts (same updated versions but different file sizes).

Hey Apple Pic
Thanks
Fabrik
I doubt changing to 17,1 will make a difference. If anything, 14,2 is better because of this non-sense.

the initial idea for using 17,1 was that 17,1 configuration supported skylake.
Yeah, I get it. I had to use 17,1 so ssdtPRGen could properly identify my CPU (because the hardware "matched") to generate an SSDT. I switched to 14,2 because I'm using dual video cards/monitors and would randomly get the black screen when using 17,1 because of the OEM GPU issue. The SSDT I generated under 17,1 still works under 14,2.

I’m getting black screen after scripting. I’m running 10.13.3 (iMac 14,2) with an 1070. The installed driver was 378.10.10.10.25.106

I can boot with -x to get generic driver, but only black screen with 378.10.10.10.25.106.

What shoul I do?

Just wanted to say thank you for this script! I'd updated to the latest driver and wasn't having any problems… until I needed to do some video editing in Davinci Resolve, which is GPU based. My previously speedy system was choking on playing back a single video file. Ran the script and rolled back to .106, restarted and my system immediately was its old self.

Back