Contribute
Register

NVIDIA CUDA 6.0 Driver Update For OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
me 3! I get the annoying pop that it "requires update". But it is updated to latest. Should I uninstall and install it again??? Just don't want to break anything...

Hananias,

I did that, but it didn't do anything. I found a guide that explained how to fully uninstall, but as soon as I reinstalled, the popup happened.

I'm not sure there is anyway to fix this if it is on Nvidia's end. I just wish I could get the stupid popup to go away. :D

It happens on real Macs too! Still waiting for an update from NV.

Okey, that's a relief. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Somewhere I read there is not necessary to install CUDA if you have not any application using CUDA. So I did it and everything works for me.

same problem here. What if I just uninstall it?

I tried using the nVidia web drivers + CUDA 6 was getting Kernel Panics so I manually uninstalled CUDA (nVidia doesn't seem to have an uninstall script)

Here's how I removed it: (if you are like me and hate typing sudo over and over again, just su to root by tying su at the command prompt and entering the root password. If no root password has been assigned you may get an error so you can type sudo passwd root and enter a password of your choice. Then you can type su and enter the root password you chose. The prompt will change from $ to #. Now you can do the procedure without always having to type sudo. :geek: Do be careful when logged in as root though as it is the super user and there won't be any safety net if you make a mistake)

1. sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
2. cd /Library/Frameworks/
3. sudo rm -rf CUDA.framework
4. cd /System/Library/Extensions/
5. sudo rm -rf CUDA.kext
6. cd /Library/LaunchAgents/
7. sudo rm -rf com.nvidia.CUDASoftwareUpdate.plist
8. cd /Library/PreferencePanes/
9. sudo rm -rf "CUDA Preferences.prefPane/"
10. cd /System/Library/StartupItems/
11. sudo rm -rf CUDA
12. cd /usr/local/
13. sudo rm -rf cuda
14. Reboot the system

New Cuda Driver Update 6.0.54 seems to solve the "Update required" issue

Update, for now, only via System Preferences panel

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-07-16 alle 00.17.37 2014-07-16 00-19-15 2014-07-16 00-20-02.jpg
    Schermata 2014-07-16 alle 00.17.37 2014-07-16 00-19-15 2014-07-16 00-20-02.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 182
New Cuda Driver Update 6.0.54 seems to solve the "Update required" issue

Update, for now, only via System Preferences panel

Confirmed.

You can also save the full install file.

After downloading but before applying the update, go to :

{username}/Library/Caches/com.nvidia.CUDAPref.501/Downloads/

Save the file 'com.nvidia.CUDADriver.dmg' some place else. That is the 6.0.54 installer file.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back