Contribute
Register

NVIDIA CUDA 6.0 Driver Update For OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly an issue with the update server at the other end then.

Did you rebuild your caches after installing ?

Yeah, probably. As it couldn't find any new update in the preference pane before so maybe it's something wrong on nvidias end.
It seems like I'm not alone on this one.

And like the others, I've rebooted a couple of times and tried to repair permission too.

You mean boot without caches? I'm using clover and I'm very new to this :)

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Same issue here,
Had jerky GUI problem before, too (safari responding weirdly, scroll very slow on opera etc)

Removed CUDA seems to solve the problem, but GUI feels a bit less responsive than 19.9.3 yet, but not sure if it's CUDA related...

Did you uninstall and reinstall CUDA?

Yeah, probably. As it couldn't find any new update in the preference pane before so maybe it's something wrong on nvidias end.
It seems like I'm not alone on this one.

And like the others, I've rebooted a couple of times and tried to repair permission too.

You mean boot without caches? I'm using clover and I'm very new to this :)

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you uninstall and reinstall CUDA?

No i didnt mean boot without caches. What i said was to try and rebuild them, this is good practice whenever a new or updated kext is installed as the existing caches will potentially contain older information.

DPCIManager has a button to do this, or you can do it manually from Terminal app like so:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Then reboot the system.

From what others have posted though it is unlikely to be this. Just thought at the time it may be worth a try.

I tried it. I am afraid the problem is not in caches.

I have the Cuda 6.0.51 on my GA-H55N-USB3 I3-540 CPU with a GTX 650Ti no problem. But on my GA-Z77N-WIFI I5-3570K with GTX 660Ti that update required message is present. it does show the current version installed, but I ain't mad tho :)

I uninstalled the old Cuda driver using the instructions found here.
Reboot.
I downloaded and installed the new Cuda driver.
Reboot.

Everything seems to be working as it should.

Hardware:
Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
GPU: MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost

Cuda.png

I have the Cuda 6.0.51 on my GA-H55N-USB3 I3-540 CPU with a GTX 650Ti no problem. But on my GA-Z77N-WIFI I5-3570K with GTX 660Ti that update required message is present. it does show the current version installed, but I ain't mad tho :)

same problem with my Z77 UD5H, looks like the problem is happening with Z77 :idea:

Yeah, looks like you're using the OS X default graphics drivers; definitely not the latest web drivers. I'm using the latest 10.9.4 web drivers, and tried the fix you linked to. No luck w/ the GTX 760; still says "Update Required."

Put me in the WonkeyDonkey boat. I'm guessing it's just an issue on the update server. I'll just pretend I don't see it, as there are no performance or app issues...

Put me in the WonkeyDonkey boat. I'm guessing it's just an issue on the update server. I'll just pretend I don't see it, as there are no performance or app issues...

Yeah I guess so, it's just annoying that it pops up every time you boot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back