Contribute
Register

NVIDIA CUDA 6.0 Driver Update For OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys - I had a lot of freezes on my Haswell system and a 780Ti after updating to the 6.0.51 drivers. As this isn't my main machine I could put some work off which was good.

I just booted up today and checked for updates and noticed that there was a 6.0.54 update. So have just done that now. Will fire up Final Cut/Logic etc and see if it's still having issues...

I'm running a 4770K on a Z87-UD5H with a Gigabyte Windforce 780Ti, Samsung 512GB 840EVO x2 on 10.9.3 at the moment. Just waiting on the next version of Multibeast to get TRIM addressed in the most straightforward way for me.

Currently running nVidia driver 334.01.01f01 and Cuda 6.0.54 - Fingers crossed! Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 12.21.21 am.png

Confirmed.

You can also save the full install file.

After downloading but before applying the update, go to :

{username}/Library/Caches/com.nvidia.CUDAPref.501/Downloads/

Save the file 'com.nvidia.CUDADriver.dmg' some place else. That is the 6.0.54 installer file.

:thumbup:

Thanks a lot for the tip :)

New Cuda Driver Update 6.0.54 seems to solve the "Update required" issue

Update, for now, only via System Preferences panel

I tried to update to 6.0.54 through the system preference pane today but it says update failed for me, at about 20% of installation. I tried twice with no success.

I tried to update to 6.0.54 through the system preference pane today but it says update failed for me, at about 20% of installation. I tried twice with no success.

Try saving the install file as I detailed earlier, and then running that instead of the update function. That might work better for you.

Try saving the install file as I detailed earlier, and then running that instead of the update function. That might work better for you.

Same issue as Machinee's having. The download is bombing as well. It will only downloads to 40%, attempts to install, and then fails @ 20%. Saving the install file to a separate location and trying to install doesn't work either. The downloaded .dmg is corrupt and won't even mount. Looks like more issues on the NVIDIA servers...

Anyone kind enough to post the file here?

Looks like more issues on the NVIDIA servers...

Yep, found the direct download link. Download finishes and .dmg is corrupt. For crying out loud NVIDIA.

If someone successfully downloaded and installed today; please be so kind to host a link?

and saving the file directly has the same dog mounting issues, which i assume is the whole reason you can't update from the preferences pane to begin with....

No. Your assumption is incorrect. At the time the latest update became active, it worked just fine updating from the control panel, as did saving the downloaded installer file.

Something else has happened to make it crap out and cut short the download. Maybe their servers are now being overloaded with the number of people trying to download.

Btw, the direct download link above shows the file size at 29.5Mb. The full original is 77.2Mb.

Yep, something is not right on nVidia's servers. Tried to download that DMG with WGET, and got "unmountable file system." Thank you WonkeyDonkey, your link worked correctly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back