Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have installed Mojave and the 4k resolution + touchscreen works out of the box. Using your EFI I made it up to the point where I dismounted the usb and rebooted the computer however I am stuck at the Apple logo with progress bar right at 50-60% booting up without the usb. This is the point where it stops (in the attached picture). Should I make a new thread for this?

Attachments

• hackintosh boot.jpeg
    hackintosh boot.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
I have installed Mojave and the 4k resolution + touchscreen works out of the box. Using your EFI I made it up to the point where I dismounted the usb and rebooted the computer however I am stuck at the Apple logo with progress bar right at 50-60% booting up without the usb. This is the point where it stops (in the attached picture). Should I make a new thread for this?

If Mojave already worked for you then you should try updating to Catalina using your working Mojave EFI first. There are only a few things that could cause a conflict in Catalina. I would suggest trying your working Mojave EFI first then prep it for Catalina by moving all your kexts to the EFI before trying to install. You may need to put an EC ssdt in your ACPI before attempting the update. Make sure you update clover and your kexts first before trying to update.

@elmacci have you updated to the latest Catalina? 10.15.4? Im considering it but not totally convinced its worth it.

@elmacci have you updated to the latest Catalina? 10.15.4? Im considering it but not totally convinced its worth it.

yep, updated to 10.15.4 and worked fine.

Unfortunately i sold the razer blade stealth a few days ago, so i am not able to contribute any longer. Looking forward to buying an updated macbook pro 13/14“ when it is released (hopefully soon).

The Razer blade is a fine hackintosh machine, but some features which are important to me - like drm playback - will not be available on any hackbook anytime soon i fear.

still rocking my alienware m15 hackbook and 8700k desktop machine ;)

thx for the ride @NONITS - it was a pleasure!

yep, updated to 10.15.4 and worked fine.

Unfortunately i sold the razer blade stealth a few days ago, so i am not able to contribute any longer. Looking forward to buying an updated macbook pro 13/14“ when it is released (hopefully soon).

The Razer blade is a fine hackintosh machine, but some features which are important to me - like drm playback - will not be available on any hackbook anytime soon i fear.

still rocking my alienware m15 hackbook and 8700k desktop machine ;)

thx for the ride @NONITS - it was a pleasure!

I see, Im actually going to sell mine as well but will be getting the new stealth with the 120hz display. I dont mind eventually losing the ability to hackintosh in the future just because I feel like Apple is such a rip off. Paying top spec prices for an entry level machine that has an Apple logo just to use macOS is not reasonable to me. Not hating though, macOS is great but Windows isnt too bad either.

Thanks for all the help!

Man, I know I just landed here and you two have been battling the good battles for a while now, but I'm going to miss you. you guys were great help with the Stealth.

Man, I know I just landed here and you two have been battling the good battles for a while now, but I'm going to miss you. you guys were great help with the Stealth.

I'll probably keep this thread open and possibly update it when I get my new blade with the 10th gen intel chipset.

I doubt that hackintosh will die out, maybe if Apple moves to ARM or if they start making their own processors like it was back in the PowerPC days. Just a few years back everyone was saying hackintoshing a ryzen is impossible and look at the state of Ryzentosh now.

Thank u guys with the work! seems that change the framebuffer-con2-type into 00080000 from 00040000 can make the hot-plug HDMI work,which you should also use the right usbc port as well.

[solved]Hi guys! I'm really a newbie and wanted to know if I can just flash Bios Mode on my Razer Blade? And what does "Serial numbers are nulled" mean? Do I need to do something about that?
I'm really sorry for the stupid question.

edit: already flashed the bios and everything works

Last edited:
This might be slightly off-topic, but it has kinda become the de facto Razer Blade thread, so I thought it was the best place to add it. I've put together a small system tray app to change the keyboard. Feel free to test it:

razer-osx-led-gui

Hope it's useful to someone. And if this is very out of place I'm sorry and I will remove this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back