Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @NONITS and @elmacci. Thanks for all the work you’ve been doing. Thanks to you, getting my RBS to a working hackintosh has been a relatively painless process.
All that’s missing for me is getting a 2nd display working. I’m currently using @NONITS’s efi as my base. What do I need to do to get HDMI over USB3.1 running?

If you are using my EFI then you should first put the blade to sleep then wake it up before plugging in you usbc dongle or whatever it is you are plugging to your usbc to get the display to work.

If you are using my EFI then you should first put the blade to sleep then wake it up before plugging in you usbc dongle or whatever it is you are plugging to your usbc to get the display to work.
Hmm. I must be doing something wrong then. As it didn’t work that way. Maybe I need to repatch my DSDTs or something since I may have changed SSDs or boot options.
Btw, are you using an unlocked bios now, or just the stock? And do we need to disable thunderbolt in the bios? Recall reading something about that on this thread.

Hmm. I must be doing something wrong then. As it didn’t work that way. Maybe I need to repatch my DSDTs or something since I may have changed SSDs or boot options.
Btw, are you using an unlocked bios now, or just the stock? And do we need to disable thunderbolt in the bios? Recall reading something about that on this thread.

Unlocking the bios does not make a difference at least in my use case. Disabling Thunderbolt security is only necessary if you mean to use the TB3 port for actual TB3 devices such as an external GPU or a TB3 display. Have you tried both USB c ports when plugging your device in after sleep?

@NONITS, are you still using the coffee lake fr/mebuffer (3E9B006) when you have sleep then external usb hdmi working? or do i still need to patch my platformID?

Coz right now, im getting the reboot+kernel panic when i plug in an HDMI device to my usb c port

@NONITS, are you still using the coffee lake fr/mebuffer (3E9B006) when you have sleep then external usb hdmi working? or do i still need to patch my platformID?

Coz right now, im getting the reboot+kernel panic when i plug in an HDMI device to my usb c port

If you are getting kernel panics when plugging in a device via the USB C or TB3 port then maybe you did not include the TB3 ssdts we included on our EFIs. Both @elmacci and I used similar ssdts to get the type c and TB3 ports working without KPs. The platform IDs should have nothing to do with KPs being caused by plugging something int the ports.

you are a god among men, @NONITS all works now.

Thank you!

BTW, as a test, I used a spare SSD and did a fresh catalina install. then i copied the EFI @NONITS uploaded in post #58. Next I generated new systemID numbers. found everything working immediately.

you are a god among men, @NONITS all works now.

Thank you!

No worries. I’m glad it works for you. I cant take credit for everything though - most of the information is already out there I just had a lot of spare time to do trial and error and configure the files for use on the stealth.

Has anyone succeeded installing Mojave on the 4k version of the Razer Blade Stealth early 2019? I want to install and dual boot with Windows, but I'm a total noob when it comes to hackintoshes and all I can think of is following stonevil's guide along with something close to NONIT's EFI folder following the guides here.

Has anyone succeeded installing Mojave on the 4k version of the Razer Blade Stealth early 2019? I want to install and dual boot with Windows, but I'm a total noob when it comes to hackintoshes and all I can think of is following stonevil's guide along with something close to NONIT's EFI folder following the guides here.
The 4k early 2019 model has the same processor so in theory you should be fine using my EFI. You can follow stonevil's guide for dsdt/ssdt patching but I would assume that you will need to tweak your config.plist for your 4k resolution and you will need to modify your dsdt patch if you want touchscreen to work as well as your trackpad. I would suggest that you consider looking for an Open Core based guide though as that looks to be a more stable option than clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back