Contribute
Register

No Image on Laptop screen on wake but output on HDMI works

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Copperboy100 If both my efi and @NONITS efi did not work, there might be a different issue with your laptop. Tbh, it should work with the used framebuffer. The framebuffer patch can be found in the config.plist under devices/properties.

@evanrodge no customizations in dsdt, but i dont have 4k, only fullhd. never said i have 4k?!

Do you have issues with 4k?!

Oh, and just to be clear - my efi folder should be used together with a modded bios with cfg-lock disabled and dvmt set to 64mb, Otherwise, please consider using Nonits efi.

Last edited:
I am currently using @NONITS EFI, and it still doesn't work. I tried connecting an external display and I got the same result described in the OP. The external display isn't recognized until the computer sleeps. Every time I unplug/replug my external monitor another AppleDisplay and AppleBacklightDisplay appears and the old one gets crossed out. I have attached screenshots of my IOReg if that might give you any clues.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 5.59.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 5.59.07 PM.png
    319.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 5.59.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 5.59.20 PM.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 78
I am currently using @NONITS EFI, and it still doesn't work. I tried connecting an external display and I got the same result described in the OP. The external display isn't recognized until the computer sleeps. Every time I unplug/replug my external monitor another AppleDisplay and AppleBacklightDisplay appears and the old one gets crossed out. I have attached screenshots of my IOReg if that might give you any clues.

Thank you!

@Copperboy100 and @evanrodge - I strongly recommend you both consider patching your own DSDTs even if mine or @elmacci works.

Note as well that my configuration is geared towards keeping third party kexts in clover and keeping the macOS system folder "clean".

Not sure if this has been asked but what are your Bios versions?

@elmacci I have had only one change since we last exchanged information. I use the one key hidipi bash from below:

This gives me better resolution and well proportioned scaling. Word of warning though you should back up with Carbon Copy Cleaner, I heard some people experienced booting into a black screen after applying the terminal command. I did not have any issues when I applied mine but things tend to be different from one machine to the other.

@Copperboy100 and @evanrodge - I strongly recommend you both consider patching your own DSDTs even if mine or @elmacci works.

Note as well that my configuration is geared towards keeping third party kexts in clover and keeping the macOS system folder "clean".

Not sure if this has been asked but what are your Bios versions?

My bios version is 1.06.

Can you post your EFI?
I have been jumping between EFI's for a while now, but right now I am using your EFI folder with my DSDT's. It is attached.

Thank you for helping me debug this problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 108
@elmacci I have had only one change since we last exchanged information. I use the one key hidipi bash from below:

This gives me better resolution and well proportioned scaling. Word of warning though you should back up with Carbon Copy Cleaner, I heard some people experienced booting into a black screen after applying the terminal command. I did not have any issues when I applied mine but things tend to be different from one machine to the other.

Hi @NONITS,

thanks - but tbh I dont really understand what the benefit is? I am using the native resolution of my display (1920x1080) and that works perfectly fine. I can additionaly select hidpi like 1280x800 or such, but that looks very small. Or am I missing something?

cheers

@roswellian

Using a Framebuffer/Platform-ID which has only 1 active Pipe/Port was my first approach to the problem.
That single active port had to be the internal port also. It was pure luck that there was a framebuffer for my system which only had one pipe/port active.

That theory worked on my particular problem - the razer blade found only this single active port after sleep and turned it on again on waking up.

Right now I am using the recommended Platform/Framebuffer für CoffeeLake Mobile and modified/patched the Framebuffer and Framebuffer flags to make the internal display as well as the external work. A lot of trial and error using Hackintool to patch it correctly under clover / devices / properties was needed.

Cheers

Hi @NONITS and @elmacci. Thanks for all the work you’ve been doing. Thanks to you, getting my RBS to a working hackintosh has been a relatively painless process.
All that’s missing for me is getting a 2nd display working. I’m currently using @NONITS’s efi as my base. What do I need to do to get HDMI over USB3.1 running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back