Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks. I believe I found the steps necessary to enable the web drivers (at least in my case) on a fresh install or not. I have tested this a few times on two systems:
First machine upgraded since Yosemite to Sierra 10.12.3 using a GTX 960 that I upgraded to GTX980:
  • using Sierra 10.12.3 , I upgraded the 960 to a 980 and the drivers wouldn't load anymore.
  • I reinstalled the web drivers again (367.15.10.35f01) and rebooted as required.
  • reboot the machine, the drivers wouldn't load.
  • reinstalled the latest clover version available (2.3k r3994) and customised/reapplied EmuVariableUefi-64,OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.
  • opened Clover Configurator to make sure the Nvidia Web option is still checked (it was).
  • reboot again and upon reboot the drivers were loaded.
Second computer, a fresh install of Sierra on Skylake with another GTX 980:
  • fresh installed Sierra and upgraded to 10.12.3 with the combo.
  • installed the web-drivers (367.15.10.35f01) and rebooted as required. driver's didn't enable upon reboot.
  • installed the latest clover version available (2.3k r3994) and customised it with EmuVariableUefi-64,OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.
  • opened Clover Configurator and checked the Nvidia Web is System Parameters.
  • reboot and the drivers were loaded
Can you link me the clover version available (2.3k r3994) that you used?

If I have my Nvidia gpu working fine, do I need to deselect inject intel graphics on the clover config.plist I am using? Would that cause me issues if it is still selected?

I didn't realize it was but am randomly having reboots while playing games.

Attached are screenshot from Clover in the config.plist and the actual config.plist.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 12.59.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 12.59.40 PM.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 477
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 210
Qapla' Worf!

I have the exact same set up but when I switch to the Nvidia drivers from the menu bar, it goes back to the OSX drivers. According to the website, it's because the Gigabyte mobo doesn't have NVRAM and you need to install the Clover EFI v2 and enable the EmuVariableUefi-64. However this seems to be an old version of Clover which has an older bootloader etc and causes more problems.

What method did you use? It could possibly be more difficult because I'm starting my build at Sierra 10.12.3.

Thanks brother.

Mine worked with latest drivers without editing config.plist file.

My specs are:
GTX960 4Gb OC, Skylake chipset, running a ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, 16Gb of RAM, 1 SSD for Windows, 1 Tb hard disk for macOs Sierra.

OMG!! Thank you very much!! My MSI Nvidia 750TI finally Enabled on Mac Sierra 10.12.

I am having the same issue. I am noob to building a hackintosh. I have made it this far without posting. Here is my system config listed below. I have the Nvida drivers installed but they will not enable after reboot. I have edited my clover.cfg to enable the drivers. I did use inject Nvida command in clover and MultiBeast.

My system
MoBo: Gigabyte gaming G5
Ram: Curcial Sport 16gig
HDD: Curcial SSD MX 300 275gig
Graphics Card: Asus GTX 970 oc
MAC OSX 10.12.3
Clover config as MAC Pro 6.1

Looks like you have a similar system to mine, but you're kind of vague on the motherboard model.

Assuming your motherboard is the same as mine, you need to use the clover configurator to install the NVRAM emulator as your gigabyte motherboard doesn't have NVRAM (which I believe stores the value to enable the NVIDIA web graphics driver). In the clover configurator, cycle through the various options and look for something that says "EmuVariableUefi-64" and click to install it.

The second aspect to getting it to work is mounting the EFI partition (use Clover Configurator or EFI Mounter v3) and edit the config.plist file so that the Nvidiaweb value reads "true" instead of false. I used textedit and saved.

I could tell the driver was working when I rebooted and 3/4 way through the screen temporarily went black and came back on (likely loading the graphics driver). It was a beautiful thing lol.

If any of this doesn't make sense let me know. I was there once and am happy to give back to the community.

Again, assuming you have the same motherboard, have you been able to get your on-board audio to work yet? If not, be prepared because I've been struggling with it for a couple weeks now. At least I have it to the point where I can use an external USB audio interface but the onboard audio will not work and cause the system to not play anything when selected in MacOS.

I am having the same issue. I am noob to building a hackintosh. I have made it this far without posting. Here is my system config listed below. I have the Nvida drivers installed but they will not enable after reboot. I have edited my clover.cfg to enable the drivers. I did use inject Nvida command in clover and MultiBeast.

My system
MoBo: Gigabyte gaming G5
Ram: Curcial Sport 16gig
HDD: Curcial SSD MX 300 275gig
Graphics Card: Asus GTX 970 oc
MAC OSX 10.12.3
Clover config as MAC Pro 6.1

Thanks for your help. I will try this tonight. My MOBO is this Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 LGA 1151. I will need to get the clover configuration app. I was a little worried downloading this because it was not

I do have my sound working. In my MulitiBeast/Clover build I choose ACL1150 and the last codex in the list I dont remember the name right now. I don't think it 100% right but its working.

I finally was able to get my GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 with 6700K to boot and load the Nvidia web drivers on Sierra after endless frustration. The 100 series boards need NVRAM emulation and it turned out my NVRAM emulation driver install did not end up in the proper place.
I use the latest Clover Configurator and there is an option to specify where to install drivers. I hadn't paid attention to that it did not have a valid selection for "target partition". See "Install Drivers->target partition in the upper right corner of Clover Configurator. I now changed the value from "null" to "EFI" and then installed the EmuVariableUefi driver as well as the
OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv. Then when I rebooted behaviour was different and the web driver was enabled.

Yes, I recently discovered there was a "100 series" option at the very bottom that I didn't click thanks to a reply from Toledo himself. However, I didn't realize you click the ALC1150 AND the "100 series" option together - thanks for the tip. This weekend I'm going to give that a try once backing up my machine in case it makes things worse. We do have the same motherboard which is great as we can possibly assist each other.

The crazy thing is I went through the entire tonymacx86 guide to building the hackintosh and didn't run into any mention of the Clover Configurator. After working at my hackintosh for a couple weeks, it seems like an essential tool that should have been mentioned at some point.

Thanks for your help. I will try this tonight. My MOBO is this Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 LGA 1151. I will need to get the clover configuration app. I was a little worried downloading this because it was not

I do have my sound working. In my MulitiBeast/Clover build I choose ACL1150 and the last codex in the list I dont remember the name right now. I don't think it 100% right but its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back