Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally was able to get my GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 with 6700K to boot and load the Nvidia web drivers on Sierra after endless frustration. The 100 series boards need NVRAM emulation and it turned out my NVRAM emulation driver install did not end up in the proper place.

I'm pretty sure that happened to me too at some point. I think my USB stick, the recovery partition, and the MacOS partition all had EFI mounting targets. What interesting is my last build, only the recovery partition only had an EFI on it which was weird. However it worked so I'm not going to question it.

While using Clover there is constant notifications that his website has changed. I think it's just a new website. I don't think it's a virus. Depending on how you use it you could accidentally screw up your build (I think it happened to me once also). If you're not sure, I can email you a copy of the one I used via email. It worked fine for me and continues to work as it should.

Well.. I just used Clover Configurator and it blew up my system. I am now worried that the program is a VIRUS. The web site is kinda sketchy. I could not even reformat the drive I had to take out the drive and re format on my MAC. Do we trust this site?

http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/clover-configurator/

While using Clover there is constant notifications that his website has changed. I think it's just a new website. I don't think it's a virus. Depending on how you use it you could accidentally screw up your build (I think it happened to me once also). If you're not sure, I can email you a copy of the one I used via email. It worked fine for me and continues to work as it should.

After this last bout I was going to give up. But If you think CC is fine I will give it another go. Not sure what I did wrong. When I make my build in MultiBeast I choose to inject Nvida drivers should I do this?

Yeah, I wanted to give up a few times lol. Don't give up though, I"m sure you'll get it. I can't tell you how many times I did a reinstall on my machine. It was a steep learning curve, but I too am slowly getting there.

No, you shouldn't have to inject NVIDIA drivers.

Yeah, I wanted to give up a few times lol. Don't give up though, I"m sure you'll get it. I can't tell you how many times I did a reinstall on my machine. It was a steep learning curve, but I too am slowly getting there.

Ok.. I will not give up. I felt like the Nvida drivers were all I had left the system was running fine.

555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

Just can't get it to work. Used pList editor to enable inject Nvidia and also used text editor to make changes above. And new drivers for 10.12.3 NvidiaWeb downloaded.

I had no remove Boot/Argument available on Plist file.

Any ideas
thx
Ivan

Ok. I have my base OSX installed. I just not sure what all to check in Clover configuration? Last time I just did the 3 you quoted. After watching a video on CC is there anything else I need to check?

Just can't get it to work. Used pList editor to enable inject Nvidia and also used text editor to make changes above. And new drivers for 10.12.3 NvidiaWeb downloaded.

I had no remove Boot/Argument available on Plist file.

Any ideas
thx
Ivan

I am not sure either! I am trying though!

I am not sure either! I am trying though!

Giving it another shot this week.
So close. All running great accept the both video onboard MB and the Geforce card installed.

Flashed to BIOS F22 to accommodate my Samsung NVMe EVO 960 (dual boot with Win10). Seeing screen tearing although GPU is recognized with current nVidia driver installed. However Nvidia VRAM is showing only 6 MB and IGFX is showing "no kext loaded".

I've tried a number of fixes to no avail. Config.plist is attached...thanks for any guidance...

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back