Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

Last edited:
Looks to work great! I thought I was going crazy when nvda_drv=1 wasn't getting it to work. It just magically happened to work after reinstalling it, but this is consistently working.

Thanks!

I cannot seem to enable the webdrivers, either when I tried with the beta, or now. Had no problems in El Capitan. I tried with no editing (not enabled), I edited the config file, adding the language in the OP, no change. I removed nv_disable=1 (I didn't have nvda_drv=1 because this was a clean install) and I get past the clover screen but the monitor turns off with no signal after getting the initial apple splash screen.
There must be a something I'm missing.

Please note that this new parameter is not necessary for some mobos with NVRAM support, for example the 9 series works fine, but the 100 series don't.

Thanks tonymacx86..

After building a second Hackintosh with dual HD 7970 Im seeing that keeping my first build with GTX 980Ti is a pain in the butt, so it came as a conclusion to me to recommend any Hackintosh builder to go with any compatible AMD graphic card, no boot flags, no wait for web driver and no any other conflicts, just straight away.

Last edited:
So my motherboard (ASrock z170 GamingITX/AC) does not need the modification in the OP? Then why won't the web drivers enable?

I cannot seem to enable the webdrivers, either when I tried with the beta, or now. Had no problems in El Capitan. I tried with no editing (not enabled), I edited the config file, adding the language in the OP, no change. I removed nv_disable=1 (I didn't have nvda_drv=1 because this was a clean install) and I get past the clover screen but the monitor turns off with no signal after getting the initial apple splash screen.
There must be a something I'm missing.

How about trying this method:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Maybe can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back