Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends , i made everything , installed the web drivers system icons apears , change to webdriver ,too the NvidiaWeb flags in cloover , disabled nvda_drv=1 and, my drivers still not loading what i do ? Someone help me , this is the last configuration that left for system works clean

Word of caution. I had the NVEnabler kext from an old install still in my /System/Library/Extensions folder. It prevented the NvidiaWeb Drivers from loading. After I removed the NVEnabler.kext and rebooted, my GTX 1070 is loading the correct drivers now.

Works like a charm! Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti no overclock stock model. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard. Yeah! Impressed! No power cables needed for the card! just straight into the PCI-E 3 express slot and it works!

I cannot for the life of me get my MSI GTX 1080 to work. I've edited the config file as stated on the first page, but the NVIDIA web driver keeps reverting back to the default Mac drivers whenever I restart. Any ideas? I have an MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC motherboard. In the about menu, it shows the GTX 1080, but with only 5 MB of VRAM, so clearly something is not right.

This is the latest version of Sierra, Clover, and the NVIDIA web drivers.

As in macOS default driver, this is because EMUVariable64 not installed to preserve NVRAM. You need to update Clover and install EMUVariable64 and also RC scripts if needed, check Problem 6 on Pascal support thread....

Word of caution. I had the NVEnabler kext from an old install still in my /System/Library/Extensions folder. It prevented the NvidiaWeb Drivers from loading. After I removed the NVEnabler.kext and rebooted, my GTX 1070 is loading the correct drivers now.

Did this issue ever give you a black screen about 50% through booting on apple screen?????????

Curious as that's my issue at the moment with Sierra :(

Hey guys, just installed the GTX 1050 Ti on my Z77X-UD5H. Works like a charm, but I wanted to test it with Geekbench (latest Version as of 1st April) and it tests for a bit, but then suddenly just stops and goes back to the test menu. Any ideas? Worked with my GTX 760 just a few minutes ago

Can't activate the Nvidia Web Driver:
  • I did a clean install of Sierra 10.12.4 with Unibeast 7.1.1 and Multibeast 9.0.1
  • Installed Nvidia Webdriver 378.05.05.05f02.
  • Changed config.plist to new method like described above (see attached)
  • checked for NVRAM with nvram -xp seems to be ok
  • when I boot without NV_Disable=1 the boot process aborts, computers restarts but doesn't come back to clover menu, in fact needs cold reboot
attached also screen shot of -v messages of the boot process. on this point it stops for several moments then 2 or 3 more messages and reboot

my hardware: Asus Z170I Gaming, I7-6700K, EVGA 1080 SC Gaming ACX 3.0

hints appreciated.

many thanks
Sepp

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 20170422_125657.jpg
    20170422_125657.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 169
Try using this whole Clover folder and paste into your efi (Mount your efi and delete existing clover and use mine)
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/JbzWTXGz/file.html
Everything should magically work. Make sure your CSM is disabled in BIOS.

Hey i tried this thanks, but it didn't work :(. I set my bios to windows 8 and then set csm to off. I see a new clover theme but when it boots it just locks up, i tried to use verbose but it wont get past the first part.

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support ATX Video Card

This is card i have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back