Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't delete drivers after installing these 3 mentioned above. And RC scripts are installed
You should only have one at a time and the other must be deleted or you cannot know which one is being used.
If you install OsxAptioFix2Drv you should delete OsxAptioFixDrv.
If you install OsxAptioFixDrv you should delete OsxAptioFix2Drv.

the boot loop is directly before the system normally starts...
The system normally starts what ?

working=booting into mac os x correctly.

I made 2 videos of the starts, but can't upload, hopefully you can see the pictures attached of the last screens before starting and rebooting.
one is not booting with flag nvda_drv=1
and the other is booting with nv_disable=1

I deleted now the driver OsxAptioFixDrv and it's still booting to mac os.

Attachments

• booting_with_nv_disable=1.png
    booting_with_nv_disable=1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • not_booting.png
    not_booting.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
I found that clicking the option under clover works also

Just click it under Graphics

Worked perfectly for me too for ASUS GTX970 (Spend first some hours figuring out why the always mentioned nvda_drv=1 did not do anything, not via the Clover Configurator tool, and not by adding the flag at start-up. Via this topic I know it's due to version OS X 10.12 Sierra. BTW I installed the Nvidia webdriver 367.15.10.35f01.

Although I first followed the base solution on this topic by using PList Edit Pro changing parameters to 'YES' and 'TRUE', I did not work for me. I discovered that the line:

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

was in my config.plist as:
<key>#NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

No idea where the hashtag came from. I deleted the hashtag, rebooted and also checked the Clover Graphics at startup. The GTX970 Asus was visible, and the Nvidia web driver was already selected too.

Last things for me to solve now is only 24 out of 48 GB RAM detected, and try to get Creative Labs Sound Blaster 5 working.

UPDATE; thanks to community on Tonymacx86:

- 48GB RAM inserted manually via Clover configurator in SMBios --> 48 GB recognised in System overview (btw, geekbench 4 CPU score from 11700 before with 24 GB recognized, to 12 200 now)

- Sound output OK, via kXAudioDriver-1.11b0.dmg found on the forum here too. No sound input as was foreseen.

Last edited:
555272.gif
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.

There's a new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers in the latest versions of Clover (r3751+). It can be turned on and off by editing /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to add SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb. This parameter takes the place of nvda_drv=1 boot flag, which may not work in macOS Sierra.

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

how to remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if

please help me

I have the NvidiaWeb enabled in my clover plist, but whenever I reboot my computer, it reverts back to the OSX video driver. Every time I check clover on boot, the Nvidia Web option is unchecked and I have to manually check it every time to boot with graphics acceleration. What am I doing wrong?

How do I force clover to boot into a custom resolution? I have overclocked my monitor refresh rate manually in os x sierra and now it doesnt even boot. It just says "out of range". Cant I force clover to boot into a specific resolution as "1920x1080@60"? Safe mode also failed.

I have the NvidiaWeb enabled in my clover plist, but whenever I reboot my computer, it reverts back to the OSX video driver. Every time I check clover on boot, the Nvidia Web option is unchecked and I have to manually check it every time to boot with graphics acceleration. What am I doing wrong?

All I can say what worked for me:

1. In OS X System Preferences select Nvidia web drivers and
2. without rebooting, via PList editor Pro, change according tonymacx86 solution hereunder quoted:
(3. When rebooting in Clover bootloader menu, NVidia webdriver was on (so the confirmation of step 1 and 2) and starting OS X was right away in 2560x1440x60 resolution and GTX970 + Dell monitor recognised in System information without any further action required.)

555272.gif

1. Mount EFI Partition
2. Open /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with text edit, Xcode, or Plist Editor Pro
3. Edit as shown below:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary
5. Save and reboot

Last edited:
Status hasn't changed: Boot loop with boot flag nvda_drv=1 and still with nvidia inject.. I see that I will need that.

For me NVInject messed up the boot in Sierra 10.12.3 with GTX970 (Dell monitor via Display Port). I reinstalled 10.12.3, without any video kext selected, so no nv inject, no nv_disable=1 or no nvda_drv=1 required. Then video card was recognized as NVidia 12 MB and worked in 1024 resolution for a while.

Installed nvidia Webdrivers for OS X Sierra, changed config.plist according to post 1 from Tonymacx86 in this thread, rebooted and all worked.
Still, some benchmarks show underperformance for GTX970 (apparently same for some GTX 960 or GTX 980) with Cinebench or Luxmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back