Contribute
Register

New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this helps you booting your system with Intel HD4600, and MultiBeast 5.5.2.
I built a new 10.8.5 (including supplement updates) system with GA-Z87X-UD3H with i7 4770K. At first it was not boot without -x, but I managed boot without a flag.
I research many forums and found that XHCI and Vt-d disable in Bios settings, however this setting did not make my system boot without -x.

It was IGPEnabler. IT IS CASE SENSITIVE!!!
Not Boot with this
<key>IGPenabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Boots Fine with this
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I hope this helps some one who has problem booting without -x flag.

Hi all,

I am trying to get a GTX 680 working on 10.8.5 (12F45) working on an MSI Z77A-GD80 w/ i7-3770K processor
connected to a Cinema Display over Thunderbolt. The machine will boot in safe mode, but in a normal boot
the window manager never starts. Here is the message from the boot log

Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHD4000Graphics (error 0xdc00800e).
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.Couldn't alloc class "IntelAccelerator"
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc00800e).
Oct 11 19:30:38 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"

Here is the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1 -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"2560x1440x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I've also tried this without the IGPEnabler key.

If I move the AppleIntelHD* files from /System/Library/Extensions the machine will boot
fine, but it does not seem to use the GTX 680. All of the various tests to see if hardware
acceleration is being used indicate that it is not. However, the System Information tree does
show the 680, but no Displays.

Is this configuration even doable? Does the display need to be physically to the GTX 680.

Also, I am not sure if this is relavent, but when all of the AppleIntelHD kernel extensions are
removed from the Extensions directory, I tried to install CUDA and NVidia drivers but
System preferences crashes when I try to use the NVidia and not the built in OS X diver.

CUDA Driver Version: 5.5.28
GPU Driver 313.01.03f02

Thanks in advance if anyone can lend me a clue,
p

Article: New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Maybe I am missing something (being a noob and all), but where are you looking to get the port configuration number (is that the "revision ID" listed under the card in System Information?

would know that to, good question.

Hi All
I have been able to boot from the HD4600 and use the system on the discrete card (9500GT) but the display at the 4600 is not detected by the SO, eventhough I can boot from it, as I have selected to init first IGFX. I am using:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>LoginToLion</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0D220003</string>
</dict>
</plist>

How can I make my SO to detect the monitor?

would know that to, good question.

I've been using the revision number as the port number, I am pretty sure that is correct. If someone knows differently, let me know.

Thank you for the update MacMan. Just interested to know if it helps those of us with AMD graphics cards?? I am using a 7950 card and my 2500K graphics for dual monitors. I have GraphicsEnabler=No set and it is fine. So mostly wondering if this is something useful for me to look into using?

my problem is already in http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...a-h87n-wifi-core-i3-4340-intel-hd-4600-a.html,

but maybe someone can help me here:

my pc:
GA-Z87N-WIFI - Core i7-4770k - Intel HD 4600.

i have a problem with the video out:

case 1:
Monitor is connected via DVI. Monitor is ON
TV is connected via HDMI. TV is OFF

-->system boots, system recognizes both displays.
--> when i turn the tv ON, the system freezes completely and i have to press reset.

case 2:
TV is NOT connected.

-->system boots, system recognizes the monitor.
--> when i plug the HDMI cable in, the system freezes completely and i have to press reset.

case 3:
TV is connected via HDMI. TV is ON

-->system boots, system recognizes both displays.
--> both displays work and i can turn tv OFF if i want, system works.

in every case it has no effect, whether my monitor (dvi) is off or on...

what i can say so far:

04060000 HDMI didn’t work
04120004 HDMI didn’t work
04160000 HDMI didn’t work
04160002 no boot possible. had to edit the plist file with another pc
04260000 not tried yet
0A160000 not tried yet
0A260000 not tried yet
0A260005 not tried yet
0A260006 not tried yet
0A260008 not tried yet
0A2E0008 no boot possible. had to edit the plist file with another pc
0C060000 HDMI didn’t work
0C160000 HDMI didn’t work
0C260000 HDMI didn’t work
0D220003 HDMI does only work, when TV is turned ON while booting
0D260000 HDMI didn’t work
0D260007 didn’t boot, in -x secure mode only HDMI worked

Thank you for your efforts and great support.
Since I am not familiar to manage the Chine 2.2, let me provide your further explanation on my basic ( primitive) question.
QQ: Excactly, where I should specify " IGPEnabler=Yes (for my GA-Z87X-OC), and GraphicsEnabler=No (for my GTX780)",
- in any xxxx.plist ?
- or just type in Boot option of MountLion drive ?
Pls advice me.

----------
Update:
After reading following article, I could reach the point that I can fully utilized the function of i7-4770K/HD4600.
If you still encounter any issue/problem, it may be helpful for you since I could resolve my issue

Forum → The Build → Golden Builds →
wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

What combination of boot flags worked for you? I have the i7 4700MQ with the HD 4600 (0416) and Nvidia 740M and I can't get it to boot. It always freezes on IOBluetooth Controller messages which it boots on Safe Mode so I am believing it is a graphics problem.

Edit: I got boot! I used with Graphics Mode, the IGPEnabler=Yes, but even though the Intel 4600 is picked up, it says no kexts loaded. In the list of extensions loaded, it shows the Intel5000, the FB and the IOGraphics kexts are all loaded, but no QE/CI and also no resolution adjustment. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back