Contribute
Register

New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

So will one of these IDs allow for a possible dual monitor on hd4000 using dvi+vga? I assuming this still doesn't provide vga support but I thought I would ask.

So will one of these IDs allow for a possible dual monitor on hd4000 using dvi+vga? I assuming this still doesn't provide vga support but I thought I would ask.

Correct, OS X doesn't provide support for VGA.

I am getting error when installing Chimera new version 2.2.1 to get my Intel HD 2000 working.

Installation Failed

An Unknown Installation error occured

Before Chimera 2.2 I was using only the discrete GTX650, and all my three displays had audio (1 via HDMI and 2 via DVI). This was achieved via pjalm's DSDT patches for my mobo.

With the release of Chimera 2.2 I started my journey towards enabling both HD4000 and GTX650 with HDMI audio (on both adapters). I'm using a Z77X-UD5H (HD4000) plus discrete Nvidia GTX 650). The whole thing works great via "IGPEnabler=Yes" and "GraphicsEnabler=No".

The only problem is HDMI audio via HD4000. I'm getting audio on the discrete GTX650 (two displays via DVI), but via HD4000 (HDMI) there is no audio signal. I've tried several ways of compiling my DSDT with pjalm's patches (AIO+HD4000+discrete, AIO+discrete+HD4000…), but none has enabled audio over HD4000.

Now I'm wondering if changing the port configuration could help with HDMI audio on the HD4000.

Is it a trial and error process? Should I always need a DSDT to enable HDMI audio over the HD4000? Or just the right port configuration is enough for enabling HDMI audio?

My guess is that I should use the IDs starting with 0166 (the ones for HD4000). Am I right on that?

Thanks for this and the rest of wonderful tools !

Hi, ultrazone

I'm using a Z77X-UD5H too, but without discrete card.
Did you had success, getting working QE/CI over HDMI with HD 4000 only ?

Hi, ultrazone

I'm using a Z77X-UD5H too, but without discrete card.
Did you had success, getting working QE/CI over HDMI with HD 4000 only ?

Hi !

I had success, but enabling HDMI audio through the HD4000 hasn't been possible yet. Still trying...

Can you, if that don't bother you, share your settings (Bios, igp-pratform-id, DSDT fix, SMBIOS, etc) ?

All that I've tried didn't worked, and this is driving me crazy, I'm near to give me up.

Hi !

I had success, but enabling HDMI audio through the HD4000 hasn't been possible yet. Still trying...

Can you, if that don't bother you, share your settings (Bios, igp-pratform-id, DSDT fix, SMBIOS, etc) ?

All that I've tried didn't worked, and this is driving me crazy, I'm near to give me up.

In regard to your hdmi audio issue, ¿ Have you tried this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/106223-ml-uefi-hdmi-audio-no-dsdt-edits.html ?

The file "audio_ssdt-uefi_hdmi_v3.zip", that you can download there, worked in my case.

In regard to your hdmi audio issue, ¿ Have you tried this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/106223-ml-uefi-hdmi-audio-no-dsdt-edits.html ?

The file "audio_ssdt-uefi_hdmi_v3.zip", that you can download there, worked in my case.

Hi !

Please have a look at my Master Audio Build (see my signature). In the last posts you'll find most of the details. Take into account that I'm also using a Nvidia GTX650.

I'm booting from the HD4000 with 64Mb in BIOS, DSDT edits vía Pjalm's patches and Macmini6,2 sysdef.

If you need more info and/or details please write in this thread or in my build's thread.

Thanks for your suggestion on HDMI audio via SSDT, I'll try that.

Saludos desde Almería!

This is great! Looking forward to testing it out (just for fun — I'm now using 2 monitors on the 650Ti). Will report back with any notes or issues. Thank you Macman!!

Hi !

Please have a look at my Master Audio Build (see my signature). In the last posts you'll find most of the details. Take into account that I'm also using a Nvidia GTX650.

I'm booting from the HD4000 with 64Mb in BIOS, DSDT edits vía Pjalm's patches and Macmini6,2 sysdef.

If you need more info and/or details please write in this thread or in my build's thread.

Thanks for your suggestion on HDMI audio via SSDT, I'll try that.

Saludos desde Almería!

Thanks for your reply, I will follow your Master Audio Build guide, I hope to get lucky.

I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back