Contribute
Register

New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Thank you for your efforts and great support.
Since I am not familiar to manage the Chine 2.2, let me provide your further explanation on my basic ( primitive) question.
QQ: Excactly, where I should specify " IGPEnabler=Yes (for my GA-Z87X-OC), and GraphicsEnabler=No (for my GTX780)",
- in any xxxx.plist ?
- or just type in Boot option of MountLion drive ?
Pls advice me.

----------
Update:
After reading following article, I could reach the point that I can fully utilized the function of i7-4770K/HD4600.
If you still encounter any issue/problem, it may be helpful for you since I could resolve my issue

Forum → The Build → Golden Builds →
wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

What combination of boot flags worked for you? I have the i7 4700MQ with the HD 4600 (0416) and Nvidia 740M and I can't get it to boot. It always freezes on IOBluetooth Controller messages which it boots on Safe Mode so I am believing it is a graphics problem.

Edit: I got boot! I used with Graphics Mode, the IGPEnabler=Yes, but even though the Intel 4600 is picked up, it says no kexts loaded. In the list of extensions loaded, it shows the Intel5000, the FB and the IOGraphics kexts are all loaded, but no QE/CI and also no resolution adjustment. Any suggestions?

I have a problem graphic related as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueasgoHTcoI
I tried several igplatformids and various bios options but its always the same.
I have a z87n-wifi with i5 4670k and using only the integrated hd4600...
Is it better just to get a cheap graphic card?

Does anyone yet have a solution regarding the Intel 4400HD? I have the GA-H87-D3H motherboard and the Haswell i3 4130T CPU which houses the 4400HD igp.

I've got Ga-z87m-d3h and i3-4330 (hd4600). The system (maverics) was running pretty good except for the graphics (mbeast: dsdt-free,sound,eth drivers are on) - the video performance is good but 3D motions are not great as I'd expect, besides i've seen the graphics crashed a couple of times (to me it looks a bit just like the old analog tv with no signal). The default option for the graphics in chimera works just as "good" as 3 modifications from here (0C260000, 0D220003, 0D260000) - the difference is the graphics is recognized on OSX (strangely it says 1024MB VRAM, not 64MB that i have set up on bios). With default setting i could not see any graphics card on osx device list at all.

The option of 0d260007 crashed my system and my backup did not work for some reason.

Two more things worth mentioning (1) the installer (unibeast with maverics) takes good 10minutes to start up which is strange. (2) dual screen setup using dvi + hdmi works ok except for no audio on hdmi.

Anybody any idea what's going on? Any suggestions to help? I'm new to osx86 but could get my way around here sofar.

Does this enable us laptop users with (for example) an hp 4540s that comes with the Intel HD4000 and a Radeon HD 7650M; to disable the HD4000 and use the Radeon instead? ....please please please let it be......

Article: New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Were you ever able to find a solution for your issue? I have almost the exact same issue and haven't been able to fix it yet.
I am using a z87x-ud3h motherboard and a i7 with the integrated hd 4600. It seems randomly I will get the login window and it works fine, or I will get the grey snow screen and am not able to login. I have to remotely ssh in and reboot the machine.

Here is my MultiBeast Configuration:
MultiBeast Configuration - 2014-01-06 09:04:11 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898 Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Instant Menu
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

I have a problem graphic related as you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueasgoHTcoI
I tried several igplatformids and various bios options but its always the same.
I have a z87n-wifi with i5 4670k and using only the integrated hd4600...
Is it better just to get a cheap graphic card?

For me, on a gigabyte Z87 HD3 motherboard, with an i5 4440 so using an HD4600, pretty all the code worked, but very buggy, flickering a lot, unusable (using hdmi)...don't know what to do.
When i delete the id line in plist, that's the same, the id line didn't help me.

Anyone know what id I should use for Z87x - UD3H HD 4600?

I am getting a fuzzy/snowy screen during boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back