Contribute
Register

New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Is this supposed to allow for the BIOS to be set to PEG first and still enable the integrated graphics card without a KP on boot? I have made the changes to the org.chameleon.boot.plist but I still have to either set the boot to PEG and disable the internal graphics or set boot first to IPEG and wait with black screen until I get to the OS X desktop (to get airplay). Am I missing something?

I'm curious - would this lead the way for thunderbolt display graphics card compatibility? I.E. passing through the video signal of the graphics card through the onboard graphics, thus making the thunderbolt display working with a hackintosh?

Article: New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags in Chimera

I'm curious - would this lead the way for thunderbolt display graphics card compatibility? I.E. passing through the video signal of the graphics card through the onboard graphics, thus making the thunderbolt display working with a hackintosh?
Connecting displays through thunderbolt is already possible on Hackintoshes, although they are limited to integrated gfx.

Before Chimera 2.2 I was using only the discrete GTX650, and all my three displays had audio (1 via HDMI and 2 via DVI). This was achieved via pjalm's DSDT patches for my mobo.

With the release of Chimera 2.2 I started my journey towards enabling both HD4000 and GTX650 with HDMI audio (on both adapters). I'm using a Z77X-UD5H (HD4000) plus discrete Nvidia GTX 650). The whole thing works great via "IGPEnabler=Yes" and "GraphicsEnabler=No".

The only problem is HDMI audio via HD4000. I'm getting audio on the discrete GTX650 (two displays via DVI), but via HD4000 (HDMI) there is no audio signal. I've tried several ways of compiling my DSDT with pjalm's patches (AIO+HD4000+discrete, AIO+discrete+HD4000…), but none has enabled audio over HD4000.

Now I'm wondering if changing the port configuration could help with HDMI audio on the HD4000.

Is it a trial and error process? Should I always need a DSDT to enable HDMI audio over the HD4000? Or just the right port configuration is enough for enabling HDMI audio?

My guess is that I should use the IDs starting with 0166 (the ones for HD4000). Am I right on that?

Thanks for this and the rest of wonderful tools !
Hi Ultrazone. I've been wondering the same thing, I have the exact same build as you except with a 650 ti instead of a 650. If you can get this working please let me know.

I pretty sure a DSDT is still required even with the proper port configuration. Since we both have a UD5H I think the proper port configuration would be 01660000 or 1660001 acording to the first post of this old guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...fyi-only-guide-10-8-how-enable-hd4000-18.html. Remember to set your memory in the bios to 96mb.

Let me know if you figure something out as to getting HDMI audio out of both PCIe and integrated HDMI.

Aaron

Can someone put this in plain English? Step by step, how do I do this? Do I need to download something? Sorry I am such a newbie!

0D260007 -x not work DP in the properties indicates two monitors
0D260000 work HDMI
0D220003 work DP and HDMI

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    974.9 KB · Views: 598
hi there guys and girls i have gigabyte 650 ti boost which works really good with GE=No and i really want to use integrated graphics for the purpuse of using mirror with apple tv 3 at the moment i only have on itunes but not on anything else and i read everywhere that i have to enable internal graphics in my bios just wondering what should be the bios settings my mobo is asus z77-m pro and cpu is corei7 3770 i have put both of these setting in my boot.plist
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key> <string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0166000A</string>

0D220003 HD 4600 Alternate work perfectly with GA-H87-D3H and I7 4770.
I have hdmi connect to PHILIPS 247 EL and DVi connect to Samsung TV 32"

Attachments

• Schermata 2013-09-26 alle 14.49.33.png
    Schermata 2013-09-26 alle 14.49.33.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 490
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back