Contribute
Register

Need help disabling NVIDIA Optimus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always read carefully.

No need for DropOEM_DSM when all _DSM methods are removed via ACPI patches.

Don't confuse DropOEM_DSM with DropOem. They are different options. Read the Clover wiki.

Thanks for the call!! I'm sorry for that, it's just that these past months is my first time with Clover and ACPI language,so it has taken me a while but I start to understand it better.

I have to say that I still get the same kernel panic, the exact same kernel panic attached in my last post with screenshot...
I know by experience that when the KP contains messages referring to Kernel extensions in backtrace it generally means that this kext is having errors or trouble to load.
So in my case is IOACPIfamily, but I only get it if I drop the OEM SSDTs so I don't really know what else should I try....

Thanks for the call!! I'm sorry for that, it's just that these past months is my first time with Clover and ACPI language,so it has taken me a while but I start to understand it better.

I have to say that I still get the same kernel panic, the exact same kernel panic attached in my last post with screenshot...
I know by experience that when the KP contains messages referring to Kernel extensions in backtrace it generally means that this kext is having errors or trouble to load.
So in my case is IOACPIfamily, but I only get it if I drop the OEM SSDTs so I don't really know what else should I try....

It probably indicates some issue with your patched SSDTs.

Instead of doing all patches at one time, move slower... At first, just create DSDT/SSDTs that have only errors removed for successful compile. Then add patches one at a time, keeping in mind the rules of DSDT/SSDT patching (eg. balanced renames).

Here's the pic to be more specific
Thanks for the guidance all the way through!
And do you think I should generate a processor specific SSDT with ssdtprgen.sh and load it as well?

Attachments

• IMG_20150804_160611588 (1).jpg
    IMG_20150804_160611588 (1).jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 115
Here's the pic to be more specific

Photo is cropped and not helpful.

Thanks for the guidance all the way through!
And do you think I should generate a processor specific SSDT with ssdtprgen.sh and load it as well?

Power management is a separate task, but yes, you will eventually need a CPU specific SSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back