Contribute
Register

Need help disabling NVIDIA Optimus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LDV
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello users of this amazing forum!
I am a long time reader and I've always admired the talent of the moderators here, we've come a long way... I've successfully set up a dual boot between windows 8.1 and OS X 10.10.4, using Clover. I've an ASUS X550LDV with the following specs:
Intel core i7(haswell)
Intel HD4400
Nvidia geforce 820m
Realtek ALC233

I've managed to get everything working properly, full qe/ci, ethernet, sound, headphones, touchpad, usb, brightness, fn keys. :headbang:
The only thing I've left to do is patch my dsdt so that the Nvidia card is disabled with OS X, to save some battery and lower the temperature.
It's been 6 months of trial and error on this computer :banghead:View attachment patched-dsdt+ssdt0.zipView attachment origin.zipView attachment ioreg.zip cause I've never been good at ACPI language or DSDT patching.

I would appreciate a lot if anyone would take the DSDT I've attached and Disable NVIDIA.
Thanks so much

Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello users of this amazing forum!
I am a long time reader and I've always admired the talent of the moderators here, we've come a long way... I've successfully set up a dual boot between windows 8.1 and OS X 10.10.4, using Clover. I've an ASUS X550LDV with the following specs:
Intel core i7(haswell)
Intel HD4400
Nvidia geforce 820m
Realtek ALC233

I've managed to get everything working properly, full qe/ci, ethernet, sound, headphones, touchpad, usb, brightness, fn keys. :headbang:
The only thing I've left to do is patch my dsdt so that the Nvidia card is disabled with OS X, to save some battery and lower the temperature.
It's been 6 months of trial and error on this computer :banghead:View attachment 144904View attachment 144905View attachment 144906 cause I've never been good at ACPI language or DSDT patching.

I would appreciate a lot if anyone would take the DSDT I've attached and Disable NVIDIA.
Thanks so much

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Please sir,
I respect that point of view towards my situation, but I've been trying to learn ACPI language, and it's come to no use. I would more than gladly have someone disable the nvidia card, because i am gonna be using this one for the uni, as they require OS X programs for our course, and it's really gonna be a pain to have to charge it this often, while away from home.:crazy:

I hope you understand my situation, and I post again my dsdt and ssdt that i am currently using in efi partition, clover acpi patched
All in hope I could have this big battery life boost, because OS X is running as smooth as it can.

Thanks for everything any which way.

Attachments

• DSDT and SSDT-0.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 134
  • ioreg.zip
    396.8 KB · Views: 131
Please sir,
I respect that point of view towards my situation, but I've been trying to learn ACPI language, and it's come to no use. I would more than gladly have someone disable the nvidia card, because i am gonna be using this one for the uni, as they require OS X programs for our course, and it's really gonna be a pain to have to charge it this often, while away from home.:crazy:

I hope you understand my situation, and I post again my dsdt and ssdt that i am currently using in efi partition, clover acpi patched
All in hope I could have this big battery life boost, because OS X is running as smooth as it can.

Thanks for everything any which way.

There is a guide for disabling Nvidia via DSDT/SSDT patching linked from the FAQ.

Please follow it with the example files before attempting with your own.

Read it and follow carefully.

There is a guide for disabling Nvidia via DSDT/SSDT patching linked from the FAQ.

Please follow it with the example files before attempting with your own.

Read it and follow carefully.

I've been trying these last days, and I've somehow improved my performance, enabling SpeedStep.
I tried all the methods I know to disable the card but no luck...
These are my DSDT and SSDT
I can't understand the error, or where the code fails

Attachments

• ACPI Patched.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 126
I've been trying these last days, and I've somehow improved my performance, enabling SpeedStep.
I tried all the methods I know to disable the card but no luck...
These are my DSDT and SSDT
I can't understand the error, or where the code fails

Your files have a mix of GFX0 and IGPU. Renames must be applied equally.

Your files have a mix of GFX0 and IGPU. Renames must be applied equally.
Thanks for the advice! I've corrected that, but it still shows nvidia card as a screen, meaning it's still on.Could you take a quick look now?

Attachments

• IGPU dsdt and ssdt.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 139
output from acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f825de000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

appleintelcpu returns no answer...

Here is the file as requested:

And thanks for all the great help and advice you give to everybody!

Attachments

• ASUSX550LDV.zip
    36.1 MB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back