Contribute
Register

Need help disabling NVIDIA Optimus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan
I've been busting my head, reading the tutorial many times now, and I see more light on the issue.
I made a dump from Clover, without any C states or P states, then transform all the SSDT and DSDT into .dsl extension, clean the errors, apply Haswell brightness, apply Speedstepping,
Now to disable Nvidia I know that my graphics card is in my SSDT 7, but I don't know what to do with it, I've copied the _OFF in the _INI method in the DSDT but nothing...

Could you kindly point out what I must do in order to disable the NVIDIA device (SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP)

Thanks a lot for the attention

Attachments

• Joe’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
Hi RehabMan
I've been busting my head, reading the tutorial many times now, and I see more light on the issue.
I made a dump from Clover, without any C states or P states, then transform all the SSDT and DSDT into .dsl extension, clean the errors, apply Haswell brightness, apply Speedstepping,
Now to disable Nvidia I know that my graphics card is in my SSDT 7, but I don't know what to do with it, I've copied the _OFF in the _INI method in the DSDT but nothing...

Could you kindly point out what I must do in order to disable the NVIDIA device (SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP)

Thanks a lot for the attention

I find _OFF in SSDT-12.dsl.

Why do you think "SSDT 7"?

I find _OFF in SSDT-12.dsl.

Why do you think "SSDT 7"?

So what portion of SSDT12 do i need to copy into the DSDT and where?

So what portion of SSDT12 do i need to copy into the DSDT and where?

No copying required unless the _OFF method uses the EC (just looked... yours does).

Read post #1 for details.

No copying required unless the _OFF method uses the EC (just looked... yours does).

Read post #1 for details.

Hi RehabMan,
I've found the _ON and _OFF methods in SSDT12, and _INI, _SGON, _SGOF in SSDT11
Then I found in SSDT8 this Scope: (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0)
What is the procedure I should follow??
Thanks for your kind uninterested help

Also I found lines mentioning EC0 in SGOFF

Code:
        Method (SGOF, 0, Serialized)        {
            P8XH (Zero, 0xD6, P8XH (One, 0xF0, Store ("SG_ULT_RP_NUM.PEGP._OFF", Debug), If (
                LEqual (CCHK (Zero), Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Zero)
                    }, Store (Zero, ONOF)), Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.RRAM (0x0521, Local0, And (
                            Local0, 0xCF, Local0), \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0521, Local0), \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x0520, 0x95), \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM (0x03A4, 
                            Zero)), \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.WRAM), 0x03A5)

I don't know if it gives you some insight on the issue

Hi RehabMan,
I've found the _ON and _OFF methods in SSDT12, and _INI, _SGON, _SGOF in SSDT11
Then I found in SSDT8 this Scope: (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0)
What is the procedure I should follow??
Thanks for your kind uninterested help

The process is documented in post #1. Work through the example before attempting with your own.

Hi RehabMan

Finally I have all the SSDT without error, and the DSDT error free as well.
I've applied the patches successfully, just like in the post, because the method described there is almost 100% the same of what i had to do. Double checked for errors, compiling to aml.

After all the work, i put them in the patched folder so clover can load them, but I get a kernel panic when I use them. I'm sending this from the same install, only using the native SSDTs.
Would you help me please and tell me what in the SSDT or DSDT is causing the panic???

Attachments

• Files.zip
    98.3 KB · Views: 94
Hi RehabMan

Finally I have all the SSDT without error, and the DSDT error free as well.
I've applied the patches successfully, just like in the post, because the method described there is almost 100% the same of what i had to do. Double checked for errors, compiling to aml.

After all the work, i put them in the patched folder so clover can load them, but I get a kernel panic when I use them. I'm sending this from the same install, only using the native SSDTs.
Would you help me please and tell me what in the SSDT or DSDT is causing the panic???

Post photo of the KP.

Post EFI/Clover folder you're attempting to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back