Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Ah, disable secure boot in BIOS. Newer versions of the BIOS have this enabled by default now.
Was already disabled, so really no idea what is going on, any other ideas? Thanks!

EDIT:
Rolled back the version of the BIOS by one version, to 7D25v1B 2023-04-07 -- NO CHANGE
Put in my older Samsung 970 EVO m.2 (from an old hackintosh) -- Immediately recognized as UEFI bootable in BIOS.
Seems to be that my SN770 M.2 is not being recognized as UEFI - why?

Last edited:
Was already disabled, so really no idea what is going on, any other ideas? Thanks!

EDIT:
Rolled back the version of the BIOS by one version, to 7D25v1B 2023-04-07 -- NO CHANGE
Put in my older Samsung 970 EVO m.2 (from an old hackintosh) -- Immediately recognized as UEFI bootable in BIOS
Seems to be that my SN770 M.2 is not being recognized as UEFI - why?

Boot the USB again and use Disk Utility to check the drive partitions and format. That should show you what is wrong.

I did that, and I see nothing wrong, i have formatted GUID w APFS, shall i start all over again?

Attachments

• IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 15
I did that, and I see nothing wrong, i have formatted GUID w APFS, shall i start all over again?

Wider screen view needed to explain the red.

Mount the WD EFI partition and check it's size - disk0s1

Wider screen view needed to explain the red.

Mount the WD EFI partition and check it's size - disk0s1

Thanks, I formatted again and I am now booting from the SN770, but I cannot find the kexts folder and the config.plist. I wanted to add more bluetooth kexts for the onboard bluetooth. How can I do this, please see attached file too to see what I am seeing, I have mounted the EFI using Clover Configutator and Hackintool, same results I don't see the config or kexts folders thanks a lot for your help!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 13.46.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 13.46.57.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Thanks, I formatted again and I am now booting from the SN770, but I cannot find the kexts folder and the config.plist. I wanted to add more bluetooth kexts for the onboard bluetooth. How can I do this, please see attached file too to see what I am seeing, I have mounted the EFI using Clover Configutator and Hackintool, same results I don't see the config or kexts folders thanks a lot for your help!!!
you need to add your own EFI folder in there.....

you need to add your own EFI folder in there.....
Thank you, done! My onboard wifi (MSI z690 w wifi DDR4) seems to be working and my bluetooth is too, I have installed the kexts below, I can connect to ANY bluetooth device, inclduing my TVs, my macbook, BUT i cannot connect to me mouse or keyboard. I have logitech master mouse and keyboard, I also have a first generation apple bluetooth kb. Just cant connect and use moluse and keyboards. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!!!

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBTPatcher.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext

EDIT: Mouse, MX Master 3 for Mac, now connected via onboard bluetooth and working by installing logitech unifying software AND switchable between Macbook Air and Hackintosh (amazing), now keyboard logitech mx machanical still not connecting, will try again in soon.

EDIT 2: Nope i was wrong, onboard bluetooth does not want to connect with any keyboard and mouse, only via the logitech dongle. To be fair bluetooth keyboard and mouse is always a pain even with a "real" mac. Still looking for ideas. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Last edited:
Hi, from what i can tell - yes at the moment im stuck on bluetooth - yes i have the following kexts.

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBTPatcher.kext
BlueToolFixup.kext
best to zip and upload your EFI

Back