Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

I would say the difference in throughput is caused by the port switching from USB3 speed to USB2 speed, without any other information to hand.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install macOS Ventura on my HW and the screen is stuck, can you help me? Thank you very much in advance.
MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4
i5 12600KF
RX 580 8GB

I'd recommend reading over my post 1 very carefully.

Update:
1- Updating the chipsets and bios did not work (It did not solve the problem)
2- I moved the 5700 graphics card to the first slot and near the CPU and the 3070 card to the second slot (16x4) and the boot was completed and everything works well.
But I think the power of my 3070 will be greatly affected by this move
I reviewed the benchmarks before and after this move and found that this move reduced the power of the 3070 by about 7%, but the temperature is especially low for the 3070 (90c to 70c), and the Heckintosh also works well, I think it's worth it.

Inside the information
It shows 5700 as the first PCI
And PCI 4 is assigned to the VGA controller, which I think is 3070 (I will update the screenshots).

The new problem is that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are disabled in Windows
Hardware is ignored
Is this related to BIOS settings?

Enable - Onboard Wi-Fi/BT Module Control via BIOS settings.
Settings > advanced > Integrated Peripherals
I used IntelBluetoothFirmware and itlwm
wifi work great but bt not work (macos)
I think this is related to USB mapping and Bluetooth is not mapped
This problem is too complicated for me

Bluetooth is displayed in About Mac Info (so it is mapped). After a lot of struggle, I was able to turn on Bluetooth, but it freezes there and does nothing, it doesn't even turn off, and it doesn't find any devices.
Does the bluetooth of this motherboard work in hackintosh?
I just want to make sure that the problem is not mine
If so I need to find a hackintosh compatible usb bluetooth
(I don't know if the bluetooth of this motherboard is the same as the Gigabyte Z690 Aero G or not, if so, @CaseySJ
wrote somewhere that the bluetooth of this board probably doesn't work.)
I see you also covered this quote in post #5 so I think I should look into usb bluetooth

And one more question :geek::), I was able to create a hackintosh hard drive during reinstallation
Inside the EFI partition there is a folder called Apple
Should I delete this folder and replace my EFI?

EFI work good
But I don't see the drive on which the Mac is installed in the BIOS boot section and I can't choose it as the default.
But when I use F11, it is displayed
I think this is because my Windows SSD also has EFI and 2 EFIs have created a mismatch.
Probably, the problem can be solved by reinstalling Windows through the bootloader

I used -wegnoigpu and tlbto_us=0

What program do you normally use to display active cores and processor temperature?(Hardware monitoring)

Your idea for USB BIOS is very good. I used to use a 2GB USB for EFI backups and motherboard settings. I think it's better to do the same thing again and create a USB with EFI and BIOS backup for my hackintosh. Too bad MSI doesn't let us have BIOS settings on USB

Sorry, I'm bothering you a lot with my broken English
Hi Creeep, any update for your both GPU news?

EDIT - just tested another EFI and I got the installer - i guess the EFI from post 885 is broken??

Hi all and @NorthAmTransAm
I am having the same problem as @doc32, i cannot see the Ventura installer.
This is what I see.

I tried the usb in my MacBook Air and see the Ventura installer under the startup boot options.

What am I doing wrong?
I have used the EFI from post #885 page 89.

I have applied the suggested bios settings, i have also updated bios to the latest firmware.
I have confirmed the computer works by loading into a windows HDD.

Which version of OpenCore configurator should I be using for this particular EFI?

Any other ideas?
Is there something wrong with the EFI from post #885?

I didnt want to use the newer EFI as I believe the graphics card is different, I have an RX580.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_2411.JPG
    IMG_2411.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi all, regarding serial numbers - I am pressing the generate button in Clover Configurator. I cannot generate one like the picture. I have tried about 30. I have used the OpenCore Configurator generate button and GenSMbios. Can someone suggest a better way or what exactly I need to do? Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 00.27.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 00.27.15.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 13
EDIT - just tested another EFI and I got the installer - i guess the EFI from post 885 is broken??

Hi all and @NorthAmTransAm
I am having the same problem as @doc32, i cannot see the Ventura installer.
This is what I see.

I tried the usb in my MacBook Air and see the Ventura installer under the startup boot options.

What am I doing wrong?
I have used the EFI from post #885 page 89.

I have applied the suggested bios settings, i have also updated bios to the latest firmware.
I have confirmed the computer works by loading into a windows HDD.

Which version of OpenCore configurator should I be using for this particular EFI?

Any other ideas?
Is there something wrong with the EFI from post #885?

I didnt want to use the newer EFI as I believe the graphics card is different, I have an RX580.

Thanks for your help

Could have been mid experiment. Please add your serial to the EFI below. OC 093.

Very likely the issue was that Secure Boot Model was set incorrectly.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 46
Hi friends need more help please!, another question - I cannot install on my

WD_BLACK 1TB SN770 M.2​

as its simply not coming up. It is showing in the bios that it is installed. But it is not coming up in windows or Ventura setup - any ideas what im doing wrong?

(I have tried both slots M_1 and M_3)

UPDATE/EDIT
I have somehow installed Ventura, BUT its still not booting from the SN770 m.2 drive, I cannot boot from it at all.

If I leave the install USB in i can go to OS X, opencore comes up and i can pick to load my OS X which is on the m.2 drive.

I have formated the drive apfs - dont know if that had caused problems.

if i try to mount the EFI i can only see the USB EFI.

please help, anyone know thanks a lot!

Attachments

• IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hi friends need more help please!, another question - I cannot install on my

WD_BLACK 1TB SN770 M.2​

as its simply not coming up. It is showing in the bios that it is installed. But it is not coming up in windows or Ventura setup - any ideas what im doing wrong?

(I have tried both slots M_1 and M_3)

UPDATE/EDIT
I have somehow installed Ventura, BUT its still not booting from the SN770 m.2 drive, I cannot boot from it at all.

If I leave the install USB in i can go to OS X, opencore comes up and i can pick to load my OS X which is on the m.2 drive.

I have formated the drive apfs - dont know if that had caused problems.

if i try to mount the EFI i can only see the USB EFI.

please help, anyone know thanks a lot!
Ah, disable secure boot in BIOS. Newer versions of the BIOS have this enabled by default now.

Last edited:
Back