Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

hi all - just an update and ask for more help, i will continue this week to fix it

1. FENVI t919 - i have installed this card temporly until i get a fix for the onboard BT, and BT and WiFi are working, but the Hack is now taking way longer to load - anyone know why? the matrix screen loading up is going for ages. Also, the mouse and keyboard connect to the FENVI via BT work in mac but i can use them for the bios for example - anyone know why?

2. SLEEP
cant find a clear way to fix sleep/wake, i dont think it is working correctly, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. can someone point me to the right direction thanks !!
Sleep will always be an issue on these boards. We're in uncharted waters on the z690 and up platform.

As for Fenvi make sure you've disabled all the other bluetooth kext and please show was whats hanging in verbose output.

My suggestion is to save your time and buy a cheap supported BT dongle for ~$10.
It's not good solution, I think. In Sonoma removed support for many BT&WiFi's, for example, my Broadcom combo in Sonoma works only as BT, WiFi is off. Intel-based combo's doesn't work completely.
Look's like it's time to wait for new kexts (work is in advance) from hack team and choose the hardware working on Sonoma ;)

It's not good solution, I think. In Sonoma removed support for many BT&WiFi's, for example, my Broadcom combo in Sonoma works only as BT, WiFi is off. Intel-based combo's doesn't work completely.
Look's like it's time to wait for new kexts (work is in advance) from hack team and choose the hardware working on Sonoma ;)

TBH mine has been fickle in Ventura but i've been on Ethernet for a while now. BT works just as you described. Looking forward to trying something new in the coming months!

This platform is exciting. We're trending further from "get as native as you can" towards more creative solutions. Definitely more hackintosh that patchintosh.

Hi all - I have installed the Fenvi T919 and WiFi and BT works perfectly But, of course, I want the onboard BT and WiFi to have more PCIe slots, which was the whole point of building a hackintosh vs buying a MacBook pro for the USBs and Thunderbolt for my music studio and various drum machines. I will be playing around with the suggestions here on the weekend to get it as up and running as possible.

Hi Creeep, any update for your both GPU news?
@ryuyap
I haven't been there for a while, sorry
Everything works fine
I put the 5700 graphics card into the slot with PCI 16
And I put 3070 on X4
The 3070 performs about 7-9% weaker, but it's worth it because the temperature is better
Bluetooth also works well
The only problem is sleep mode
I completely removed the sleep mode

Sleep will always be an issue on these boards. We're in uncharted waters on the z690 and up platform.

As for Fenvi make sure you've disabled all the other bluetooth kext and please show was whats hanging in verbose output.
hi mate, thanks, all BT kexts are removed, BT and WiFi is working with the Fenvi card.

I have tried to boot in verbose, and I cannot, i tried to boot using command V but no luck. Also, when I am booting there is already what looks like verbose, kinda matrix style, is that already verbose?

Also, is there a verbose log? How to get this file?

Also, it was suggested to check my usbs - my usbs seem to be working, and i have used your EFI for the usb, why do I need to check this? Is this necessary?

EDIT: I am not sure if its hanging i dont know, I just know the boot was way quicker before the Fenvi card installation.

EDIT 2: airdrop works which is great, Geekbench scores below single core seems great wondering if multicore is a bit low, I will install Ableton and start testing for a few days

EDIT 3: THE USB C on the back of the motherboard is maybe is not working, it works with my USB and it powers my SSL 2+, but the SSL 2+ audio interface doesn't come up unless I use a USB A-USB C cable, this works on all the back USB ports. I wonder if its an issue or just the way it is for windows motherboards, anyone know?

thanks for your help.

1689866217176.png

Last edited:
There are a couple of errors in the USBPorts.kext created by NorthAmTransAm. One being the Rear Type-C connector type.

When referencing which connector type to associate with each port you should use this guide in post #997

OK, thanks. I tried all the suggestions here, and I spent a few hours. In the end I use an USB kexts from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-13900k-6950-xt-msi-pro-z690-a-wifi-64gb-ddr5.325531/, and all my USB Ports are working now it seems.

How can I check my system is fully working now? Is there something I can run for example? Or just need to start using it? Thanks a lot all,

Oh, and I still want to know how to boot in verbose and where the log file of errors is. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot.

Hi, all! I am running a Fenvi card and the following kexts. When I compare download speeds on the same wifi from the same room, I am roughly 30% slower on the hack then my M1 Air. Any ideas what could be the issues? please see texts pic below

thanks for your help

1691072982722.png

Back