Contribute
Register

Mavericks with HDMI/DVI adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so EthernetBuiltIn=No fixed my problem (interesting) but at this moment I can not connect to the Internet via Ethernet. Any solution for this?

Depending on which version you have depends on the PSU fitted.
http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01549447.pdf if you have the USDT version it's PSU is just 135w minus the 65w for CPU and other hardware requirements would leave too short on power to run the graphics card

Martin

Depending on which version you have depends on the PSU fitted.
http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01549447.pdf if you have the USDT version it's PSU is just 135w minus the 65w for CPU and other hardware requirements would leave too short on power to run the graphics card

Martin

I have the SSF one and the graphics are fine by this time. But to make it work I had to use EthernetBuiltIn=No bootflag and now I am lack of Internet connection.

I have the SSF one and the graphics are fine by this time. But to make it work I had to use EthernetBuiltIn=No bootflag and now I am lack of Internet connection.

Are you using the DSDT ?
If not you should probably delete AppleHPET.kext (if you haven't already).

Did you install AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a from MultiBEAST ?

Are you using the DSDT ?
If not you should probably delete AppleHPET.kext (if you haven't already).

Did you install AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a from MultiBEAST ?
I have installed the 1.9.5 combo and now networking is fine. Everything works! Thanks for making that tutorial, I have been researching mackintosh since 2010 and today is my big day. :)

Well since NIC has nothing to do with display I can only assume that it's still a power supply issue. Dropping the NIC has possibly freed an extra 5 watts or so giving your computer the power needed to drive the graphics card.

The manual shows your computer as having a 235w PSU. Your CPU as original uses 95w. leaving you just 140w for everything else in the case. That includes HDD, DVD/CD drive, memory sticks etc etc. You may need to trim some hardware off to get the ethernet and GPU to be active at the same time.

Looking at the 210 specs here http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-210/specifications tells you the power requirement is 30.5 watts and that your PSU needs to deliver 300w or more.

Martin

You both must have posted as i was typing the reply, great to see you have it running. I hope it all manages to stay with power bounds.

Last edited:
I have installed the 1.9.5 combo and now networking is fine. Everything works! Thanks for making that tutorial, I have been researching mackintosh since 2010 and today is my big day. :)

You will never get iMessage to work if your Ethernet is not set to BuiltIn.
You will have problems with iCloud / FaceTime / App Store too.

You will never get iMessage to work if your Ethernet is not set to BuiltIn.
You will have problems with iCloud / FaceTime / App Store too.

Oh that's a problem for me. Do you have any recommendation for that?

I was thinking about taking out the DVD drive and see how things go tomorrow.

edit: Took it out and disabled audio in BIOS. Still nothing with EthernetBuiltIn=On.

edit2: could this PSU or any other one solve my problem? I could not find any PSU that supports the SFF DC7900 so I'd plan to simply cut the case to give it enough space. Would it work?

Last edited:

edit: Took it out and disabled audio in BIOS. Still nothing with EthernetBuiltIn=On.

edit2: could this PSU or any other one solve my problem? I could not find any PSU that supports the SFF DC7900 so I'd plan to simply cut the case to give it enough space. Would it work?
There is nothing you can do to get the on-board Intel 82567LM GbE network interface controller to work in OS X - no drivers.
Get yourself a USB NIC instead or a PCIe one if you have an empty slot.

Hacintoshes are strange beasts at the best of times. But if you removed the DVD and disabled Audio then you should have made enough power savings there. As for replacement PSU's for older HP computers you're not likely to find one anywhere other than from HP themselves.

I am wondering if you are timing out waiting for the unsupported network interface card. I guess this could prevent the display kicking in. Have you tried letting it just sit for 30 minutes or so to see if the display just comes on. I have unsupported NICs here though on a new build but this doesn't prevent my snow leopard install kicking in.

You said earlier that it was running windows 7 before, may i ask how that was running. Was it slow and lagging or was it quick and reactive ? If it was slow then the chances are it will be power related, if not then there is an issue somewhere else.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back