Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad X230
CPU
i5-3320M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I have built a hackintosh computer and installed Mavericks on it. For the installation I used the onboard graphics then I installed my GeForce 210 into the PC. My problem is however that after the system fully loads and I (would) see the login screen my signal ends and the my monitor turns blank. I used VGA during the installation and then I connected the VGA cable to the newly installed graphics card. I booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and IGPEnabler=No is there anything else I should add to make this work? I also tried to connect via an HDMI cable using a HDMI/DVI adapter (no HDMI on my monitor) with the same bootflags but still no luck.

My specs:
HP DC7900
Core2Duo
4GB RAM
GeForce 210

My ThriftyMac build may help you.

15 JUL 2014 - Installed Geforce 210 1GB Graphics Card - Changed IGPEnabler to No and added GraphicsEnabler Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist - Installed CUDA driver 6.0.51. Now Using DVI monitor.

Is that the CUDA driver I'm missing?

Off: Your thread is the reason I have bought this PC sir ;)

CUDA will make no difference unless an app specifically uses it.

VGA is not supported in OS X, some configurations work but many do not.
When I changed from integrated graphics to the Geforce 210 I changed from VGA to DVI.
You may get it to work with a DVI to VGA adaptor but there are no guarantees.

In Post #51 @Gaet44 states that he used npci=0x3000 when he added his Geforce 210, I didn't find it necessary but it's worth a try.

Okay I just tried to use DVI both on my monitor and my GPU but I still cant see anything after booting the OS.

Attached the last screenshot before everything goes black.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Okay I just tried to use DVI both on my monitor and my GPU but I still cant see anything after booting the OS.

Attached the last screenshot before everything goes black.

Not much more I can think of here (and most of them are long shots).

Upgrade BIOS to the latest version (if you haven't already).
Make sure that you have selected the graphics card (not the integrated) in your BIOS settings.
Install the web drivers - Should not be required but we are clutching at straws here.
Use the DSDT (if you are not already).
Confirm that the graphics card does actually work by using a different operating system.
Try the Clover boot loader instead of Chimera.
I ended up using the iMac10,1 system definition, it shouldn't affect your problem though (unless you are using something strange).

Last edited:
This can happen if you don't have enough power getting to the graphics card, compare your power supply unit with P1LGRIM and make sure your alike :)

Martin

This can happen if you don't have enough power getting to the graphics card, compare your power supply unit with P1LGRIM and make sure your alike :)

Martin

Good call - Mine is the standard 365W that comes with the CMT.

I replaced my Geforce 210 with an MSi GeForce GT 630 4GB.

Martin
I'm not quite sure how to do that but I have tested the card under windows 7 yesterday and it worked fine. :/ I still don't have luck getting signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back