Contribute
Register

Lots of Questions, Willing to hire experienced user...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z390 CARBON AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
GTX 1080
== [ Looking to hire experienced user ] ==
So I'm fairly experienced with computers and I'm sure with a great deal of time and effort I can get this up and running. However, seeing as I don't want to spend that much time and effort I was looking for an experienced user to help coach me through the process. If anyone is willing to video chat and walk me through it to get my laptop up and running I'm willing to compensate for the trouble.

== [ Laptop Specs] ==
- Msi GS60 (Ghost, Gaming Series)
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Installed memory: 8gbs
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850m

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LIZQDG6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

== [ Questions ] ==
1) I have an internal HDD with two partitions, one for the Windows OS and one for general data and file storage. Is it possible to make a third partition to use for the bootable mac os side?

1.5) If it is not possible to use the same HDD for the bootable mac os is it possible to still partition it and use it to store mac files as well as windows files? Ex) windows files on the first two partitions and mac files on the third partition.

2) If I can't get anyone to walk me through it, where can I find more on the info for other hardware pieces of my laptop like the wifi card, Ethernet, usb, keyboard, trackpad, etc

== [ Thus Far] ==

I messed around a bit trying to do this on my own. I followed the desktop guide by mistake, I was able to create a flashdrive with unibeast to install Mac OS Sierra on another 32gb flashdrive. Mac os was able to boot but I could not get the keyboard, trackpad, wifi, as well as a few other features to work.

This is where I stand, thank you for any and all assistance!!

So I'm fairly experienced with computers and I'm sure with a great deal of time and effort I can get this up and running. However, seeing as I don't want to spend that much time and effort I was looking for an experienced user to help coach me through the process. If anyone is willing to video chat and walk me through it to get my laptop up and running I'm willing to compensate for the trouble.

== [ Laptop Specs] ==
- Msi GS60 (Ghost, Gaming Series)
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Installed memory: 8gbs
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850m

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LIZQDG6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

== [ Questions ] ==
1) I have an internal HDD with two partitions, one for the Windows OS and one for general data and file storage. Is it possible to make a third partition to use for the bootable mac os side?

1.5) If it is not possible to use the same HDD for the bootable mac os is it possible to still partition it and use it to store mac files as well as windows files? Ex) windows files on the first two partitions and mac files on the third partition.

2) If I can't get anyone to walk me through it, where can I find more on the info for other hardware pieces of my laptop like the wifi card, Ethernet, usb, keyboard, trackpad, etc

== [ Thus Far] ==

I messed around a bit trying to do this on my own. I followed the desktop guide by mistake, I was able to create a flashdrive with unibeast to install Mac OS Sierra on another 32gb flashdrive. Mac os was able to boot but I could not get the keyboard, trackpad, wifi, as well as a few other features to work.

This is where I stand, thank you for any and all assistance!!
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

installing mac on a laptop takes time and patience, no one will do it for you, you have to learn stuff and work out what hardware is compatible etc. the link above will answer many questions

Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Yes, it is possible, but make sure that your EFI partition is larger than 250 MB, otherwise you can´t install mac OS.

mac OS and Windows use different file system, mac OS hfs+ and Windows NTFS. You can read files on a NTFS drive, but you can not write on it with mac OS. With Windows you can´t read and write on hfs+ drives.

You can find out hardware specs for example with AIDA64 Extreme on Windows 10. CPU informations can you find out with CPU-Z, but you can find out informations about that in RehabMans FAQ.

General informations about the "hack" process can you also find in RehabMans FAQ, like feartech wrote in #2.

Please also update your personal details and fill in your hardware specs like it is written in RehabMans FAQ to get better support in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back