Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 10.9.1: Almost done, just a little bit of help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would go in both. They won't get loaded twice with config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, since Detect causes injection to only be done if FakeSMC is not in /S/L/E at the boot target (so injection is done only for installer and recovery).

What about non-essential kexts? I'm experiencing something odd: kexts I install directly to and only to S/L/E using Kext Wizard aren't being loaded at all... "InjectKexts=Detect" is in my config.plist.

What about non-essential kexts? I'm experiencing something odd: kexts I install directly to and only to S/L/E using Kext Wizard aren't being loaded at all... "InjectKexts=Detect" is in my config.plist.

Do you have kext-dev-mode=1 in config.plist/Boot/Arguments?

Did you rebuild cache? Did you check for errors during the cache rebuild?

Do you have kext-dev-mode=1 in config.plist/Boot/Arguments?

Did you rebuild cache? Did you check for errors during the cache rebuild?

Ah, that was it. kext-dev-mode was misspelled somehow. Must've happened during plist editing. Thanks again - everything is working now (backlight, wifi, ethernet, audio).

Hello RehabMan,

I'm using your VoodooPS2Controller kexts for my Mouse/Keyboard. I've noticed a slight change in behavior between using it in Mavericks and Yosemite: before, all my F1-F12 keys had to be pressed along with the FN key in order for them to do anything (volume control, etc.) now, that's the opposite, just pressing them works. While I'm OK with this for all the other function keys, I was hoping to use F11/F12 for 'Show Desktop' without having to press FN as well. I don't see the 'Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys' under System Preferences > Keyboard.

Hello RehabMan,

I'm using your VoodooPS2Controller kexts for my Mouse/Keyboard. I've noticed a slight change in behavior between using it in Mavericks and Yosemite: before, all my F1-F12 keys had to be pressed along with the FN key in order for them to do anything (volume control, etc.) now, that's the opposite, just pressing them works. While I'm OK with this for all the other function keys, I was hoping to use F11/F12 for 'Show Desktop' without having to press FN as well. I don't see the 'Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys' under System Preferences > Keyboard.

You probably need to set the keyboard profile with DSDT patch.

For example (from u430 repo):
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,oem-id", "LENOVO",\n
        "RM,oem-table-id", "U430",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

The oem-id and oem-table-id values should correspond to the values in your native DSDT.

The kext can no longer read this information in ioreg in Yosemite, so you have to provide it.

You probably need to set the keyboard profile with DSDT patch.

For example (from u430 repo):
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,oem-id", "LENOVO",\n
        "RM,oem-table-id", "U430",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

The oem-id and oem-table-id values should correspond to the values in your native DSDT.

The kext can no longer read this information in ioreg in Yosemite, so you have to provide it.

Awesome. Thanks again.

Hi all. I have decided that since there is no input codec yet for that cx20757 I am switching back to voodoohda. Using 2.8.5 and it works for input. Just kept the capri inject and the hdmi works good. better after going into the audio midi setup and fixing the wrong bit rates. I got to play with an osx version of siri named sinus... kind of amusing.
Hey there,

I just saw this post. I had no idea HDMI audio was already working, and all we needed was VoodooHDA 2.8.5! I got it working by selecting 44100hz/16 bits on Audio MIDI Setup. This is really cool.

In case anyone cares, OS X reports a normal battery condition now for some reason. According to some support forums there's a widespread issue with the G500 models getting stuck on the Lenovo splash screen and it might be related to the stock optical drive in these computers. I disabled mine with masking tape and the issue seems to have been fixed.

I haven't upgraded to Yosemite much less El Capitan yet, but I'll try as soon as I get my main computer working again. Has anyone upgraded successfully yet? Are new DSDT patches needed, do any old kexts not work anymore, etc.? I might make an upgrade guide next.

-moonhack

Hey there,

I just saw this post. I had no idea HDMI audio was already working, and all we needed was VoodooHDA 2.8.5! I got it working by selecting 44100hz/16 bits on Audio MIDI Setup. This is really cool.

hey...Wow, 12/12! Your guide was what I originally used when I got this machine.

Just revisiting and repatching for 10.11.2 update. Good guide, I will try some different things and post. I will leave some things out that I did not do before but probably a lot will be the same.

Will try leaving out wak if I got it right, Rehabman said that we don't need it but that was when working on an 8 ser. but will find out.
I think I also used multiplex for usb 3 which is no good anymore for 10.11. Going to look at mirone's patched appleHDA, but have doubts about it working completely without finishing it up.

Edit:

After going through the patches again and testing I left out fixwak and seems alright. I also instead left out the LID0 revisions you had in there and used the Misc:remove_PRW from lid. Also, used: usb_prw_0x0d_xhc to prevent instant wake from sleep. Note: Afterwards, I did a find: XCH1 and there were no results so that is good for working with the new apple usb system in el capitan. The revisions enabled the machine to sleep with lid closing.

Also not mentioned in the post was Sys: fix mutex non-zero sync level, something Rehabman had me add the 1st time.

Another thing good is to visit Rehabman's acpi_keyboard page for the brightness keys to work.

Checked in w/Mirone and he says he could not get the mic going in some revisions so perhaps these ones will be possible. The patch he made does not have it. I imagine though if voodoohda can do it that it could be done.

So yea, till I take time to go to the "How to get mic working" blog or whatever, will use VoodooHDA 2.8.8.

Can someone help me with integrated graphics, i have artifacts like noisy horizontal lines then playing animations (Sorry for my bad eng plz !) macOS 10.11.6.
Lenovo G500 (i3-3210M HD4000 6GB Ram (1333-2048MB 1600-4096MB))

Attachments

• config11.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back