Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 10.9.1: Almost done, just a little bit of help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I download the OSX Yosemite update from the app store, etc. Now when I tried to boot the new installer partition, it just hangs on the white apple logo and black background. Should I be booting the installer itself with kext-dev-mode=1?

Screens, in case they'll provide any additional information: https://imgur.com/a/VSVxF

You should add kext-dev-mode to config.plist/Boot/Arguments. Best if done prior to the update.

You should add kext-dev-mode to config.plist/Boot/Arguments. Best if done prior to the update.

Hmm, I did that the first time around. /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (truncated of course...):

HTML:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>EHCIacquire=Yes -gux_defer_usb2 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
</dict>

Although it doesn't seem to show up under the Clover Boot Menu > Boot Options screen. Odd?

Hmm, I did that the first time around. /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (truncated of course...):

HTML:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>EHCIacquire=Yes -gux_defer_usb2 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
</dict>

EHCIacquire is not a kernel flag and is not for Clover (specific to Chameleon).

Although it doesn't seem to show up under the Clover Boot Menu > Boot Options screen. Odd?

It means you're not using the config.plist you think you are.

I tried running the update again, manually adding kext-dev-mode=1 in in the Cover Options screen, and it still hangs on the Apple logo. I tried adding verbose (-v) as well, which resulted in a black screen.

EHCIacquire is not a kernel flag and is not for Clover (specific to Chameleon).

Ah. That was a flag from the tutorial in this thread for 10.9.1.

It means you're not using the config.plist you think you are.

Hmm. Is there another config.plist besides the one in /EFI/CLOVER/? I feel like I'm missing or forgetting something.

Hmm. Is there another config.plist besides the one in /EFI/CLOVER/? I feel like I'm missing or forgetting something.

Possible you're not booting from the EFI folder you think you are...

Multiple partitions? Multiple disks?

USB plugged in?

Using BIOS to select boot device specifically?

The options you place in config.plist/Boot/Arguments should be reflected in the Clover GUI. If not, then something fishy is going on and you should focus on determining what it is.

Possible you're not booting from the EFI folder you think you are...

Multiple partitions? Multiple disks?

USB plugged in?

Using BIOS to select boot device specifically?

The options you place in config.plist/Boot/Arguments should be reflected in the Clover GUI. If not, then something fishy is going on and you should focus on determining what it is.

Oh. Heh. I totally forgot about the unmounted EFI partition. OK, I've edited the arguments there to "-gux_defer_usb2 kext-dev-mode=1". Trying it out now.

Oh. Heh. I totally forgot about the unmounted EFI partition. OK, I've edited the arguments there to "-gux_defer_usb2 kext-dev-mode=1". Trying it out now.

Update. Boot Arguments are now reflected in Clover Boot GUI...install still hangs on white apple :/

Last edited:
Update. Boot Arguments are now reflected in Clover Boot GUI...install still hangs on white apple :/

Post EFI/Clover folder. Boot verbose, upload quality photo of where it stops.

Attached. Verbose boot yielded an all-black screen.

Your config.plist is corrupt. This part is not valid:
Code:
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<key>Name</key>
		<string>DSDT.aml</string>

Never edit a plist with a text editor and you won't have such issues...

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back