Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 10.9.1: Almost done, just a little bit of help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm currently attempting to install mavericks on my Lenovo G500s (I adjusted all necessary components) with a clean Windows 7 64bit installed in UEFI mode. I created as you suggested the FAT32 partition but every attempt to erase this partition results in an error of missing space and creating a new one results in a halt while diskutil is doing preparations. The repair option doesnt fix it, it only breaks the EFI partition.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
b.

Hello!

I'm currently attempting to install mavericks on my Lenovo G500s (I adjusted all necessary components) with a clean Windows 7 64bit installed in UEFI mode. I created as you suggested the FAT32 partition but every attempt to erase this partition results in an error of missing space and creating a new one results in a halt while diskutil is doing preparations. The repair option doesnt fix it, it only breaks the EFI partition.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
b.

Suggestion: Do all disk partitioning in OS X. Install OS X first (it will take you several tries). After you understand how to install OS X, then add Windows.

Hello!

Any suggestions? Thanks.
b.

My suggestion, as I did it, was:
-Create FAT32 partition under Windows
-Reformat it, only reformat it, on Disk Utility (don't try to delete it or make a new one, this will fail)
-Install OS X there

I don't know the exact name of the reformat command, but that's what I did. The problem with this is that not having the EFI partition in *s1 will make OS X think later on that there's no installation on the disk, so you won't be able to use the "Repair Disk" command, but you could use DiskWarrior or something else to do that.

Hello, yes I tried to reformat it, but it gave me (and I still don't understand why) that there is not enough space available.

Nevertheless, I solved it with the following steps: (i figured that myself, RehabMan obviously came to the same idea ;-) )
1. backup windows system partition (the ntfs one)
2. use disk utility to wipe the drive clean, create a got table and the jfs partition for maverick, install maverick
3. install windows 7 64bit again, create the windows ntfs partition with the utility in windows setup (creates system reserved and ntfs partition)
4. restore ntfs partition, windows is now as it was before the wipe
5. further configure osx, according to your guide

RESULT: it works almost one to one for Lenovo G500s, same iv-platform-id, the dsdt stuff works,...

ty for now, gonna report the overall compatibility for G500s when i'm absolutely finished.

b.

(it's not my first hackintosh, had a working system on a Vaio VPCZ1, but that baby fried)

Hello!

I'm currently attempting to install mavericks on my Lenovo G500. I already formatted with FAT32 on D drive partition and made usb booting disk with unibeast.
When I booted with usb, I put -x -v -f option but is just stopped and did not proceed any more.
I attached the screen. please help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• osx2.JPG
    osx2.JPG
    617.6 KB · Views: 305

Hello!

I'm currently attempting to install mavericks on my Lenovo G500. I already formatted with FAT32 on D drive partition and made usb booting disk with unibeast.
When I booted with usb, I put -x -v -f option but is just stopped and did not proceed any more.
I attached the screen. please help me. Thanks.

You selected "Legacy USB" when you created your Unibeast USB. That option is not compatible with USB3 systems and should not be used with such systems. Re-create your USB.

You selected "Legacy USB" when you created your Unibeast USB. That option is not compatible with USB3 systems and should not be used with such systems. Re-create your USB.

but same thing happen even when I create usb in real mac. What can I do?

but same thing happen even when I create usb in real mac. What can I do?

Make sure you use the latest Unibeast and do not select "Legacy USB" when you create it. Also be sure to format the drive before running Unibeast.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread (RehabMan, moonhack) for their work - thanks to the tutorial here I've successfully installed Mavericks (separate HD tho). Botched the DSDT the first time and apparently required some Kexts to get QE/CI working, but it's all good now. Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

Oh, BTW - anyone notice any substantial differences in speed between UEFI and Legacy? Other than boot/sleep/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back