Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have sleep working? If so, after a sleep/wake cycle, does your headphone jack detection still work?

I did try sleep. But it instantly waked up with "Wake Reason: HDEF XHC" shown in console. But I believe it slept for brief moment.

And yes! Sound works after sleep. I remembered there is something about CodecCommander and sleep in my console yesterday. Will confirm later today.

I did try sleep. But it instantly waked up with "Wake Reason: HDEF XHC" shown in console. But I believe it slept for brief moment.

You don't need complete sleep... Just the initial sleep state after choosing Apple->Sleep and real sleep is enough. Because that state sleeps the audio chip...

As for real sleep, you should check into my u430 patches for USB.. "patches/usb.txt" at https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch. You can probably fix your instant wake with those patches (or slightly modified versions).

And yes! Sound works after sleep. I remembered there is something about CodecCommander and sleep in my console yesterday. Will confirm later today.

I'm expecting that sound works, but I'm wondering about headphone jack sense.

It is an issue I have on my u430.... Simple repro steps:
- headphone unplugged
- Apple->Sleep
- wait two seconds
- press shift key
- see if headphone jack works (eg. audio switches from internal speakers->headphones)

It is described in detail here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...30-u530-using-clover-uefi-21.html#post1020870

I'm just wondering if it happens with other codecs... (yours ALC255, mine ALC283).

You don't need complete sleep... Just the initial sleep state after choosing Apple->Sleep and real sleep is enough. Because that state sleeps the audio chip...

As for real sleep, you should check into my u430 patches for USB.. "patches/usb.txt" at https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch. You can probably fix your instant wake with those patches (or slightly modified versions).

I'm expecting that sound works, but I'm wondering about headphone jack sense.

It is an issue I have on my u430.... Simple repro steps:
- headphone unplugged
- Apple->Sleep
- wait two seconds
- press shift key
- see if headphone jack works (eg. audio switches from internal speakers->headphones)

It is described in detail here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...30-u530-using-clover-uefi-21.html#post1020870

I'm just wondering if it happens with other codecs... (yours ALC255, mine ALC283).

Yes, headphone works great after sleep. No problem at all.

Another note, FakeSMC 5.x with CPUSensors, ACPISensor work fine. RehabMan's latest FakeSMC 6.x will work if CPUSensor is removed, or system will get stuck after FakeSMC is loaded.

Yes, Clover and FakeSMC need update.

Yes, headphone works great after sleep. No problem at all.

Interesting. Just to clarify... does it work when you wake the laptop without the headphone plugged in? That is, sleep laptop without headphone plugged. Wake laptop. Plugin headphone. Does it detect headphone presence?

If so, I wouldn't mind looking at your AppleHDA related files...

News: Apple released OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 Beta 1

Hi all, I'm JC and I have almost no idea what I am doing. (<<One of those guys.)

I've only had one hackintosh experience and that was with my desktop a few months ago, now I have a X1 Carbon laptop with an i7-5600U processor and the dreaded HD5500 graphics being discussed in this thread.

I appreciate all the effort you are putting into getting similar HD5500 configurations working. Before I started trying to follow in your footsteps I was wondering if it is likely that in the next several months OSX will support these processors/graphic configurations by default?

If so I will come back later, otherwise I have a flood of questions making out seems like nonsense to me.

... I was wondering if it is likely that in the next several months OSX will support these processors/graphic configurations by default?

If so I will come back later, otherwise I have a flood of questions making out seems like nonsense to me.

Yosemite already supports these components by default.... on real Apple Macs.

It will never "just work" on a PC, although as support is added to boot loaders/kexts/etc, it will get slightly easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back