Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are all the files I collected/patched up to now, because I will return the laptop tomorrow, so it's harder to test (still stick with old HP lappy:sick:)

The system is Dell Inspiron 7348 (CPU Broadwell i7 5500U, HD 5500).

Work:
- Intel HD 5000 (0x16160002 + DVMT 64MB + UEFI CSM)
- Synaptics Touchpad (RehabMan's VoodooPS2 Controller)
- Fn function work with small edit in DSDT EC.
- Audio Realtek ALC255 (patch on the fly by HVT). Note that sound via headphone port will lose the voice, fix it by opening Audio Midi Setup > Mute one of 2 channels. It won't actually mute, and the sound is more acceptable, though still terrible.
- Brightness (ACPIBacklight + Haswell patch).
- Touchscreen works like mouse.
- Speedstep (Modified SSDTPrgen + SMBIOS MBP 11,2)
- USB works natively.
- HDMI works natively.

Not work:
- When the display is turned off, it can't be turned on anymore (eDP). The problem happens since the beginning (clean DSDT and SSDT) until the end (patched DSDT).
- Because of the above reason, sleep does not work either.

Note:
- System will encounter Still waiting for root if I drop the largest SSDT containing scope B0D3, GFX0, PEGx (SSDT-8 in my laptop).
- Sometimes Dell will boot to Diagnostic mode, so I decided to install EmuVariableDrv.efi

Really sad hearing you decide to return the laptop.

Anyways, thanks for your effort on Broadwell. =]

Really sad hearing you decide to return the laptop.

Anyways, thanks for your effort on Broadwell. =]
It's actually my friend's :p I can ask him to test over time.

In the last effort to choose new laptops, all path go down to Macbook, so I decided to wait a bit longer.

Another note, FakeSMC 5.x with CPUSensors, ACPISensor work fine. RehabMan's latest FakeSMC 6.x will work if CPUSensor is removed, or system will get stuck after FakeSMC is loaded.

Another note, FakeSMC 5.x with CPUSensors, ACPISensor work fine. RehabMan's latest FakeSMC 6.x will work if CPUSensor is removed, or system will get stuck after FakeSMC is loaded.

Yes. In my machine CPUSensor causes panic.....

Hey,

Sorry OT,

i really like this Background of one of your Photos. Do you have an official link for this Picture? :)

jFFO6nx.png

The first port in buffer is LVDS, while it shows eDP in Windows. Can it be the culprit of display off problem?

The first port in buffer is LVDS, while it shows eDP in Windows. Can it be the culprit of display off problem?

Probably best to use an ig-platform-id with eDP if that's what you have... Patch other config data if necessary. Or patch the LVDS -> eDP in the ig-platform-id you're using...

Here are all the files I collected/patched up to now, because I will return the laptop tomorrow, so it's harder to test (still stick with old HP lappy:sick:)

The system is Dell Inspiron 7348 (CPU Broadwell i7 5500U, HD 5500).

Work:
- Intel HD 5500 (0x16160002 + DVMT 64MB + UEFI CSM)
- Synaptics Touchpad (RehabMan's VoodooPS2 Controller)
- Fn function work with small edit in DSDT EC.
- Audio Realtek ALC255 (patch on the fly by HVT). Note that sound via headphone port will lose the voice, fix it by opening Audio Midi Setup > Mute one of 2 channels. It won't actually mute, and the sound is more acceptable, though still terrible.
- Brightness (ACPIBacklight + Haswell patch).
- Touchscreen works like mouse.
- Speedstep (Modified SSDTPrgen + SMBIOS MBP 11,2)
- USB works natively.
- HDMI works natively.

Not work:
- When the display is turned off, it can't be turned on anymore (eDP). The problem happens since the beginning (clean DSDT and SSDT) until the end (patched DSDT).
- Because of the above reason, sleep does not work either.

Note:
- System will encounter Still waiting for root if I drop the largest SSDT containing scope B0D3, GFX0, PEGx (SSDT-8 in my laptop).
- Sometimes Dell will reboot from OS X to Diagnostic mode, so I decided to install EmuVariableDrv.efi
- FakeSMC 5.x with CPUSensors, ACPISensor work fine. RehabMan's latest FakeSMC 6.x will work if CPUSensor is removed, or system will get stuck after FakeSMC is loaded.

Just notice that for the headphone issue, you should try Rehabman's codeCommander.kext. It solved my headphone issue.

Just notice that for the headphone issue, you should try Rehabman's codeCommander.kext. It solved my headphone issue.

Do you have sleep working? If so, after a sleep/wake cycle, does your headphone jack detection still work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back