Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm testing on this laptop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305597-intel-hd-graphics-5500-need-some-help/#entry2127462 (not your post). The picture in that post is actually from this laptop.

Anyway, we managed to set VRAM=64MB, but now got KP at AppleACPIPlatform... Will mess something with config.plist

That post is about my laptop. In fact, Austere did me a favor and posted it for me.

Sorry, I forgot mention that for each VRAM, you need to patch DSDT/SSDT again. Meaning you have to use original DSDT/SSDT to boot.

That post is about my laptop. In fact, Austere did me a favor and posted it for me.

Sorry, I forgot mention that for each VRAM, you need to patch DSDT/SSDT again. Meaning you have to use original DSDT/SSDT to boot.
Thank you, it works now, even HDMI ports work too. Here is some experience with this new HD 5500:

- Setting DVMT by UEFI shell is tricky, the real address to set is different from the address we see in the guide. My friend had to use Linux to find the real one.
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 on my Dell will not work if all ssdt are dropped. I will find the one that affects usb.
- Garbled screen can be fixed by enabling Legacy Rom (CSM).

Thank you, it works now, even HDMI ports work too. Here is some experience with this new HD 5500:

- Setting DVMT by UEFI shell is tricky, the real address to set is different from the address we see in the guide. My friend had to use Linux to find the real one.
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 on my Dell will not work if all ssdt are dropped. I will find the one that affects usb.
- Garbled screen can be fixed by enabling Legacy Rom (CSM).

Yes, it is tricky..... So did your graphic card work at the end? Mine gives me random freeze, so annoying.

Yes, it is tricky..... So did your graphic card work at the end? Mine gives me random freeze, so annoying.

Yes, QE/CI works. Don't have enough time to test, will report later.

How long until a random freeze happens?

Yes, QE/CI works. Don't have enough time to test, will report later.

How long until a random freeze happens?

It really depends. From few minutes to hours....

It really depends. From few minutes to hours....

Ok no freeze so far, but I have problem with display sleep. If I turn off display, it does not wake up anymore.

Ok no freeze so far, but I have problem with display sleep. If I turn off display, it does not wake up anymore.

That's good news. Which SMBIOS are you using? Can you send me a copy of your config.plist.

I havent't really tried sleep and wake yet. But I think mine also. Get that back later.

That's good news. Which SMBIOS are you using? Can you send me a copy of your config.plist.

I havent't really tried sleep and wake yet. But I think mine also. Get that back later.

Here are all the files I collected/patched up to now, because I will return the laptop tomorrow, so it's harder to test (still stick with old HP lappy:sick:)

The system is Dell Inspiron 7348 (CPU Broadwell i7 5500U, HD 5500).

Work:
- Intel HD 5500 (0x16160002 + DVMT 64MB + UEFI CSM)
- Synaptics Touchpad (RehabMan's VoodooPS2 Controller)
- Fn function work with small edit in DSDT EC.
- Audio Realtek ALC255 (patch on the fly by HVT). Note that sound via headphone port will lose the voice, fix it by opening Audio Midi Setup > Mute one of 2 channels. It won't actually mute, and the sound is more acceptable, though still terrible.
- Brightness (ACPIBacklight + Haswell patch).
- Touchscreen works like mouse.
- Speedstep (Modified SSDTPrgen + SMBIOS MBP 11,2)
- USB works natively.
- HDMI works natively.

Not work:
- When the display is turned off, it can't be turned on anymore (eDP). The problem happens since the beginning (clean DSDT and SSDT) until the end (patched DSDT).
- Because of the above reason, sleep does not work either.

Note:
- System will encounter Still waiting for root if I drop the largest SSDT containing scope B0D3, GFX0, PEGx (SSDT-8 in my laptop).
- Sometimes Dell will reboot from OS X to Diagnostic mode, so I decided to install EmuVariableDrv.efi
- FakeSMC 5.x with CPUSensors, ACPISensor work fine. RehabMan's latest FakeSMC 6.x will work if CPUSensor is removed, or system will get stuck after FakeSMC is loaded.

Attachments

• Broadwell SSDT Generator.zip
    456.6 KB · Views: 649
  • config.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 800
  • origin.zip
    51.4 KB · Views: 416
  • patched.zip
    70.2 KB · Views: 512
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back