Contribute
Register

Intel HD 3000 Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, it have VT-D. I asked an Motherboard BIOS upgrade from PHILCO to add this function, but, I can't turn it off, it's always ON. And, how would be my boot.plist? In case I do a fresh install, just to copy and paste it.

Oh yes, it have VT-D. I asked an Motherboard BIOS upgrade from PHILCO to add this function, but, I can't turn it off, it's always ON. And, how would be my boot.plist? In case I do a fresh install, just to copy and paste it.

You cannot add VT-d with a BIOS upgrade. It has to be supported by the CPU. But still, you can use dart=0 by modifying your Kernel Flags entry in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

Use a plist editor if you're not familiar with plist/xml format.

BTW...

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

So I don't need to user dart=0? It has Virtualization (What I asked to the manufacturer) but not VT-D. What do you mean about that? And I was trying to add all the things of my hardware, but, nether the processor are present on the list.

So I don't need to user dart=0? It has Virtualization (What I asked to the manufacturer) but not VT-D. What do you mean about that? And I was trying to add all the things of my hardware, but, nether the processor are present on the list.

dart=0 is only necessary if you have VT-d in your CPU, supported by your BIOS, but no option in BIOS to turn it off. With a CPU without VT-d, there should be no need for dart=0. VT-d is not the same as VT-x. Your CPU has VT-x, but not VT-d. See link in post #20 for more information about the features present on your CPU.

As far as your profile, add the information just as I show.

I think the specs are set now. What are the codes I need to boot up without moving the AppleIntelSNB*?

I think the specs are set now.

They are not. Look under your user-id on each post.

What are the codes I need to boot up without moving the AppleIntelSNB*?

Try:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=00010000 GraphicsEnabler=N -v -f UseKernelCache=N

I can't put the specs like yours, 'cause in the editor don't have the necessary parts. I asked to add them, just wait, so, the spec's are like some of yours in the Signature: "Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT (1080p), i3-2310m, BIOS F.41: OS X 10.9.2/10.7.5/10.6.8/Win7/Ubuntu12.04LTS."

I'll try the flags and greeting's! You use ubuntu too :3

I can't put the specs like yours, 'cause in the editor don't have the necessary parts. I asked to add them, just wait, so, the spec's are like some of yours in the Signature: "Laptop#1: HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT (1080p), i3-2310m, BIOS F.41: OS X 10.9.2/10.7.5/10.6.8/Win7/Ubuntu12.04LTS."

I'll try the flags and greeting's! You use ubuntu too :3

If you enter them as I showed in post #22, it works. Don't stress over finding individual boxes for things. Put your manufacturer+model in System. Put your CPU+chipset in CPU. Put your graphics+resolution in Graphics. Placing your specs in signature is fine too.

I wouldn't say I "use" Ubuntu. I boot it every now and again to see what's up and use it to collect information about the machine (eg. codec dumps, ACPI dumps, etc). Also gparted/gdisk/gptsync are go-to tools for dealing with various disk partitioning tasks.

Thanks, I'll do the FRESH INSTALL and, Ubuntu is cool, I fix a lot of BWindows problems. I'll post the result's later.

I did a NEW fresh install and it's not working :C I did every step we have discussed here, but, nothing. :C

Here's my Boot.Plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>00010000</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>