I9-7980Xe
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
@scottkendall
Just checking back with you after few months, as you seem to be pretty up to date on the Alpine Ridge flashing process.
Is there any progress on the Video pass threw with this card? Thinking about doing the flashing now regardless of video.. Titan Ridge is out of stock everywhere or insanely expensive. Is the previous information you wrote @ SSDT back then, still accurate or new updated SSDT/ infos are out there?
On my x299 system going to System Infos/ Thunderbolt, I have the following message:

Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.

However Bios sees it and TB works as It should with Video Pass threw if connected at boot.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@scottkendall
Just checking back with you after few months, as you seem to be pretty up to date on the Alpine Ridge flashing process.
Is there any progress on the Video pass threw with this card? Thinking about doing the flashing now regardless of video.. Titan Ridge is out of stock everywhere or insanely expensive. Is the previous information you wrote @ SSDT back then, still accurate or new updated SSDT/ infos are out there?
On my x299 system going to System Infos/ Thunderbolt, I have the following message:

Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.

However Bios sees it and TB works as It should with Video Pass threw if connected at boot.
Thank you.
Not that I am aware of but I am not sure anyone really is trying and if they are I haven't been paying attention. There was some kind of SSDT that did some stuff with the alpine ridge that was super custom and board-specific @CaseySJ was making them from your Origin folder.

I never actually tested it because my alpine ridge is flashed but my clip is messed up so I can not return the card to default. I can tell you that I am still using the titan ridge card flashed with the Designare Modified firmware ever day for the past 6 months. Once in a great while when woke from sleep it will tell me the drive was ejected incorrectly.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Not that I am aware of but I am not sure anyone really is trying and if they are I haven't been paying attention. There was some kind of SSDT that did some stuff with the alpine ridge that was super custom and board-specific @CaseySJ was making them from your Origin folder.

I never actually tested it because my alpine ridge is flashed but my clip is messed up so I can not return the card to default. I can tell you that I am still using the titan ridge card flashed with the Designare Modified firmware ever day for the past 6 months. Once in a great while when woke from sleep it will tell me the drive was ejected incorrectly.
I finally admitted to myself that I was chicken poop with regards to flashing the Titan Ridge card. I have not had any problems with the ThunderBay4 self ejecting, at all. It will not hot plug but I cannot figure out why I would want to. What it will do is eject when I choose to do so. I can turn the TB4 off after ejecting, turn it back on and it will appear on the desktop. Granted, this is not hot-lug but it is close enough for me.
@scottkendall are you using the flashed TR card on the Z370 Gaming5?

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE AORUS PRO WIFI Z390
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS

I bought a flashed TR, and it will arrive this week. Did you have to do any ssdt to make it work?
Also, for the hot plug, did you need any other ssdt?
If you could tell me a bit about your experience I would be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I bought a flashed TR, and it will arrive this week. Did you have to do any ssdt to make it work?
Also, for the hotplug, did you need any other ssdt?
If you could tell me a bit about your experience I would be grateful!
Thanks in advance!
I can only speak for using a Designare Z390 firmware on my TR but this is the SSDT i use: