Contribute
Register
Hi im getting the same extact issue from sometime ago. Not shure what triggered it but it qas under Catalina in my case. Did you resolved it ?

Hi im getting the same extact issue from sometime ago. Not shure what triggered it but it qas under Catalina in my case. Did you resolved it ?

I wanted to report that in my X299 configuration, the hotplug only works from the second bridge-connected device onwards.

In my case I have a Thunderbolt Dock connected to the Alpine Ridge, the devices connected to the Dock are Hotpluggable, but if I disconnect the Dock and reconnect it, it is no longer reconnected to the computer.
The only way to have the Dock connected again is: reboot my computer and in some cases I have to disconnect it and reconnect it after a few seconds from boot (just before the Bios screen).
It's a situation I've seen in the past with my previous Z370 configuration, and the solution came from Gigabyte with the F10 Bios and subsequently F15 and F16a, which enabled the hotplug on MacOS.
Hi Lele please can you tell me what model of thunderbolt dock do you use?

I use SSDT-Z370-TB3HP, which works great for hotplug and wake from sleep, but prevents Thunderbolt devices from being connected at boot.

Without this patch Thunderbolt devices are available at boot, can never be hotplugged, and rarely work after sleep.

Has anyone seen anything similar/know of a solution?

My full EFI is available at https://github.com/JosephDuffy/aorus-pro-wifi-z390-hack.
Did you ever find a solution for TB devices not connecting when you boot? I can only get them to work after I HotPlug. Thanks!

I use SSDT-Z370-TB3HP, which works great for hotplug and wake from sleep, but prevents Thunderbolt devices from being connected at boot.

Without this patch Thunderbolt devices are available at boot, can never be hotplugged, and rarely work after sleep.

Has anyone seen anything similar/know of a solution?

My full EFI is available at https://github.com/JosephDuffy/aorus-pro-wifi-z390-hack.

Hello, I am interested in knowing how you made apollo work. Since I have the same Mother ... I am about to buy an apollo twin X4 and a GC Titan Ridge card. Could you give me any suggestion?

I am using this guide:

CaseySJ Z390 Guide

A note from me regarding variations.

I am running Z390DESIGNARE.F9h, and the OC-0.6.0-DESIGNARE-Z390 base setup –with some edits, with Clover v5119 OpenCore 0.6.0 and kexts, etc. from the EFI, and running Mojave 10.14.6. I have not modified the CFG-lock, so I'm still using the Clover version that uses emulated-NVRAM. I have not flashed the Thunderbolt chip. Hotplug/Thunderswap works with my Apollo 8 Quad and everything loads properly on startup.

Last edited:
I have a ThunderBay4 RAID 5 drive. I can, eject the Raid array, turn the power off and and then on, the drive will appear on the desktop. If I eject and pull the TB plug out of the Titan ridge card, the drive will not connect at which point I need to do a restart. I have not flashed the Titan Ridge card. At this point I am very happy with things as they are. I am using the SSDT from @CaseySJ

Hi guys,

Can anyone direct me to any guides to Thunderbolt 3 on an Intel Nuc8?
I tried the Hotplug setup but when I plug my Egpu the loading screen bar stops halfway.
system report page states there are no drivers installed. I'm new to this and TB3 connectivity is all that I'm missing

*10.14.6 Mojave
Intel Nuc8i5bek
32gb ram

Last edited:
@scottkendall
Just checking back with you after few months, as you seem to be pretty up to date on the Alpine Ridge flashing process.
Is there any progress on the Video pass threw with this card? Thinking about doing the flashing now regardless of video.. Titan Ridge is out of stock everywhere or insanely expensive. Is the previous information you wrote @ SSDT back then, still accurate or new updated SSDT/ infos are out there?
On my x299 system going to System Infos/ Thunderbolt, I have the following message:

Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded.

However Bios sees it and TB works as It should with Video Pass threw if connected at boot.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Back