Contribute
Register
I see, I thought you were on the z370-F. Which card are you using? Mine is a single TB3 port EX3.

Something of note for Hotswap. I needed to set SW SMI on TBT hot-plug to Disabled to get mine working.

My Girls computer is the F, Mine is the gaming 5, I tried alpine ridge card and titan ridge card. Honestly I am hoping that one of my friends can attempt to do what the other dude did with the NCU. It is good that he noted that the card ceased to work in windows with the Mac firmware, because I am pretty sure the TB3 does not work on the Mac mini in windows.

@Oggy, you've got a similar setup. Care to give it a shot?
I will but I’m in the middle of a project so I can’t do it right now. In couple of weeks I will have time to try it out. The main thing here guys is to try flash the chip on the TB card. Otherwise we are at the same point. It seems to be the only way to fool osx to think it’s a native TB chip.

The main thing here guys is to try flash the chip on the TB card. Otherwise we are at the same point. It seems to be the only way to fool osx to think it’s a native TB chip.

I agree with this but I am not sure how many of us actually have the skills to do a low level hardware flash with some some home made flasher.

Something odd over here. On my "older" TB patch, I can power-swap on/off/on/off/on, etc., my Digi003R which is on a FW400<FW800 cable connected to an Apple Thunderbolt 3-to-2 dongle on a Titan Ridge Card. (PCIe slot 4, RP21) -It shouldn't work, but it does. This is something my UAD Apollo 8 (TB2) unit cannot do. I'll monkey with the new patch later this week and report back. Still running Mojave for Pro Tools 2018.12.

I will but I’m in the middle of a project so I can’t do it right now. In couple of weeks I will have time to try it out. The main thing here guys is to try flash the chip on the TB card. Otherwise we are at the same point. It seems to be the only way to fool osx to think it’s a native TB chip.

Clearly the main thing but in the meantime it's nice being able to get OS to see my TB card without having to power up with a device attached.

My 2020 goal is to flash this extra EX3 card with a little help from my friends.

Has anyone figured out sleep on TB?
I'm using a z170x-ud5 w/ Alpine Ridge on Catalina w/ openCore.
Everything seems to work except sleep.

What am I missing?

I keep getting panics:

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7f88b4e970): "UPSB(iMac17,1): thunderbolt power on failed 0xffffffff\n"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-370.0.2/IOPCIBridge.cpp:1396

Has anyone figured out sleep on TB?
I'm using a z170x-ud5 w/ Alpine Ridge on Catalina w/ openCore.
Everything seems to work except sleep.

What am I missing?

I keep getting panics:

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7f88b4e970): "UPSB(iMac17,1): thunderbolt power on failed 0xffffffff\n"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-370.0.2/IOPCIBridge.cpp:1396
No issues over here. Sounds like a bios setting to me. Can you send a screenshot of your IOReg showing the thunderbolt device?

Sure.
Is this enough?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 10.33.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 10.33.56 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
Hi All,

I'm a newbie working on my first Hackintosh. I'm using a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd gen. I7-7600U, 8GB RAM, Intel 620 GPU. I followed this guide and almost everything works (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-thinkpad-x1-yoga-3rd-gen-20ld-with-mojave.261823/) execpt USB C and Thunderbolt ports.

After some tinkering I managed to thunderbolt working using by patching the SSDT-TB3 from here (https://github.com/Errrneist/Hackin...e/tree/master/10.15.1/3.5/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) to point to RP09 instead of RP21. The SSDT-TB3 is the same as the one in the first message.

However, despite all the above, still no hotplug on my x1yoga 2nd. When I boot I can see the USB-C and TB3 devices, but as soon as I disconnect the USB-C it never gets reconnected and the TB3 device causes a restart. If someone can help this will be great.

I'm attaching the IOReg and Clover folders with a USB-C drive and thunderbolt dock connected.

Thanks,
Daniel

Attachments

• REG.ioreg
    17.5 MB · Views: 96
  • EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 98
Hi All,

I'm a newbie working on my first Hackintosh. I'm using a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 2nd gen. I7-7600U, 8GB RAM, Intel 620 GPU. I followed this guide and almost everything works (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-thinkpad-x1-yoga-3rd-gen-20ld-with-mojave.261823/) execpt USB C and Thunderbolt ports.

After some tinkering I managed to thunderbolt working using by patching the SSDT-TB3 from here (https://github.com/Errrneist/Hackin...e/tree/master/10.15.1/3.5/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) to point to RP09 instead of RP21. The SSDT-TB3 is the same as the one in the first message.

However, despite all the above, still no hotplug on my x1yoga 2nd. When I boot I can see the USB-C and TB3 devices, but as soon as I disconnect the USB-C it never gets reconnected and the TB3 device causes a restart. If someone can help this will be great.

I'm attaching the IOReg and Clover folders with a USB-C drive and thunderbolt dock connected.

Thanks,
Daniel

If I'm correct your Hotplug SSDT requires a companion called SSDT-DTGP.aml. I've attached it for you, give it a shot.

Also as I mentioned above, I've been able to use TB devices from a cold boot now using the following

TbtForcePower.efi
ThunderboltReset.kext

Attached. Good luck!

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 193
  • TbtForcePower.efi
    9.9 KB · Views: 259
  • ThunderboltReset.kext.zip
    14 KB · Views: 189
Back