Contribute
Register
Those are just KGP files or at least they were derived from their files.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "KGP", "TB3HP", 0x00000000)

however since they already are set up for RP21 I guess no harm in trying them out.

Yeah for sure KGP's. I just remember this thread having V1, V2, and so on so I was addressing that. Anyways they work great. I believe it was originally RP05 but I changed it. You've got to have both files for it to work however.

The main point here is that with the TbtForcePower.efi I linked above I can enable a device after a cold boot from OS and also hotswap.

Yeah for sure KGP's. I just remember this thread having V1, V2, and so on so I was addressing that. Anyways they work great. I believe it was originally RP05 but I changed it. You've got to have both files for it to work however.

The main point here is that with the TbtForcePower.efi I linked above I can enable a device after a cold boot from OS and also hotswap.

Did you try the TbtForcePower.efi without the AML files?

Did you try the TbtForcePower.efi without the AML files?

Yeah, as expected no hotswap nor does it load DSB0, DSB1, or any of the close-to-proper TB structure like below. You might be able to cold boot with the device on though without having to unplug and all that.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 5.33.44 PM.png

You might be able to cold boot with the device on though without having to unplug and all that.

yea same as always everything is there on boot but if it is unplugged it is gone, and if I boot with nothing plugged in the TB card just does not show up in the bios or in the Io Reg. I keep considering getting a different motherboard like the AS rock one that is listed in a different thread.

yea same as always everything is there on boot but if it is unplugged it is gone, and if I boot with nothing plugged in the TB card just does not show up in the bios or in the Io Reg. I keep considering getting a different motherboard like the AS rock one that is listed in a different thread.

Forgot to mention I'm using this as well (under Release).

So I have:

SSDT-DTPG.aml
SSDT-TB3...aml
ThunderboltReset.kext
TbtForcepower.efi

So I have:

SSDT-DTPG.aml
SSDT-TB3...aml
ThunderboltReset.kext
TbtForcepower.efi

I even tried other variations of the files I tried both with a titan and an alpine ridge. in both cases all I was able to produce was hot swap of one device on each port. if I tried for a second swap on either port it locked up the card. Glad you got it working. I have a few friends that I send dudes link to asking them if they could do what he did. One said he could edit the code but he would need the hardware flasher and he's not really on that level.

I even tried other variations of the files I tried both with a titan and an alpine ridge. in both cases all I was able to produce was hot swap of one device on each port. if I tried for a second swap on either port it locked up the card. Glad you got it working. I have a few friends that I send dudes link to asking them if they could do what he did. One said he could edit the code but he would need the hardware flasher and he's not really on that level.

Oh bummer. It looks like your board doesn't have a TB header though unless I'm reading wrong. I wonder if you're somewhat limited there. Do you have Thunderbolt settings in your bios?

@Oggy, you've got a similar setup. Care to give it a shot?

z370 Aorus Gaming 5 does.

I see, I thought you were on the z370-F. Which card are you using? Mine is a single TB3 port EX3.

Something of note for Hotswap. I needed to set SW SMI on TBT hot-plug to Disabled to get mine working.

Back