Contribute
Register
Hi guys. I am not real familiar with ssdt, but from what i gathered I drop the two aml files in the Clover/ACPI/patched. I did that with the pre-edited SSDT-Z370-THB3HP from the first post on this thread,
but i'm not having any luck with hot plug so i must be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

@LeleTuratti

I'm using an Asus Z390 Prime A with CG-TITAN_RIDGE TH3 card and everything is going smoothly... and hot plug is working too... but my UAD Apollo 16 doesn't survive the sleep/wake cycle, is it expected?

Another thing is that if the TH cable is connected during boot sometimes Apollo is immediately recognised at logon, sometimes it requires to re-connect the cable. How is your experience?

Last edited:
I have not been able to inspect this package.

Save your TB connectors and cables: Power-cycle-hotswap of UAD devices doesn't work on Hacks if the unit relies on it's own power supply for operation. It's got something to do with Thunderbolt Node, and there's no fix for the UAD stuff.

So, Thunderbolt Apollo 8, 16, etc. user, and the Apollo already works in Windows with your hack, flip-on the powerswitch on the Apollo and let it settle for a few seconds before booting into Mojave, etc., and don't upgrade to Catalina quite yet...

I hope I've saved you months of headaches and wasted time. -Many Arrow users claim success, but the Arrow is TB bus-powered, so...

@Inoran @Azimuth1 try disabling SW SMI on TBT hot-plug in bios. That's what solved hot plug with the SSDT for me.

I can't imagine that no one has seen or read this before and maybe this is way to complex for the Average +1 user... But if it was possible to do what is outlined on the third blog maybe we could get truly functional TB3.

I can't imagine that no one has seen or read this before and maybe this is way to complex for the Average +1 user... But if it was possible to do what is outlined on the third blog maybe we could get truly functional TB3.

I tried sending this here myself but got flagged. Go to the authors GitHub page as well and check out his TB3onPCH.asl files.

He's got one that works on a warm boot and has quite a few devices in it that we don't have, and another that is called up by the original in the case of a cold boot to force power on. Super cool. No idea how to adapt it though.

I tried sending this here myself but got flagged.

It was flagged but I guess who ever released it felt it was relevant now. I have read most of what dude has on his blog I will check out his files. I to have no idea how to adapt anything on dudes page, I just found it read threw it and it made a lot of sense as to why it does not work in the hack world. From the beginning I was wondering why someone did not make an app to access the TB3 stuff like in windows. Since windows does not out right detect and turn on TB3 devices until you have approved them in the driver software.

It was flagged but I guess who ever released it felt it was relevant now. I have read most of what dude has on his blog I will check out his files. I to have no idea how to adapt anything on dudes page, I just found it read threw it and it made a lot of sense as to why it does not work in the hack world. From the beginning I was wondering why someone did not make an app to access the TB3 stuff like in windows. Since windows does not out right detect and turn on TB3 devices until you have approved them in the driver software.

Yeah I don't fully understand it either.

Here's the list of objects btw

33, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.POC0)
39, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.WTLT)
41, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.ICMS)
49, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.UPMB)
51, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.UPMB)
55, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.CMPE)
107, 6036, Could not open include file (Preprocessor)
764, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.UPCK)
769, 6084, Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.RP05.TBTC)

Im going to try reaching out to him/her.

Hoping someone can help - only one TB3 device is showing up now, and I didn’t change anything. I’m using the first thread’s premade Z370 SSDT. I have an Aorus Gaming 5. Do I need to make my own SSDT??

Back