CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@LeleTuratti @kgp, big thanks for your contributions here. I've been able to work in pro audio without limitations because of you guys and this community.

With version SSDT V2 from here I'm able to properly see Thunderbolt NHI and USB C in system profiler. I remember reading somewhere from @kgp that I needed to see those before Hotplug would work. Im still not able to Hotplug but I did notice that my location comes up as internal instead of a slot.

Is this what I should be chasing down?

Side note, in IOreg the usb for the card (ex3 by the way) came up as XHC3 instead of XHC2 which is what's in the SSDT. I edited that, was that the right move as well?

Motherboard
Asus Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone here tried making a Fake PCIID injector for this?

Edit: This was dumb, ignore.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630, RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi everyone and first of all thank you for all the work done here and elsewhere for making thunderbolt available on hacks.

I built, thanks to all of you, a fully working machine for music making.

MB: ASUS Z370 Deluxe Prime A
CPU: i7 8700 K
GFX: RX 580
TB: ASUS TB EX3
SOUND CARD: Focusrite Red 4Pre - It is connected to TBEX3 via Apple TB 3 to TB2 adapter.

I have one problem, though.

My sound card is working ok, hot swap is working, sleep is working but the Rednet control 2.3.3 (or 2.4b1) app sometimes sees the TB sound card and sometimes doesn't.

On the first boot it always opens ok. But if I close Rednet Control I have to open and close it several times to get it to connect to the thunderbolt sound card.

Every 3rd or 4th time I launch it doesn't see the device (Device not detected) but the sound card works regardless of the app.

Focusrite suppport says that in that case check if the device is listed in the Thunderbolt section in the system profile. Well, of course it is not, since we don't have TB local node implemented, yet.

But why does it "see" it sometimes, and sometimes not... ?

What is interesting, the previous control app "Focusrite Control 2" always connected fine. 100% of the times. Just after they switched Red 4Pre to Rednet Control the trouble began.

I have linked my debug files and focusrite drivers (the old connecting one and the new not so much) if somebody is interested in helping me out. Maybe the driver has some clues on TB local node implementation.... just guessing here...

P.S.

1. It doesn't happen on a real mac (since red device is visible under thunderbolt)
2. I tried all possible BIOS thunderbolt settings

Thanks everybody, once more.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Damn:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Over there in Germany someone found a way for Thunderbolt Onboard Solutions.

Yeah, but he refuses to share the additional method he's found unless you pay him to build you a computer :rolleyes:

Motherboard
Asus Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah, but he refuses to share the additional method he's found unless you pay him to build you a computer :rolleyes:
That's my mind blowing to charge to me. Off topic I know but seems scummy to me.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
That's my blowing to charge to me. Off topic I know but seems scummy to me.
We’ve all gotta make a living. I don’t begrudge him that, but yeah - lotta standing on the shoulders of other people’s work going on there by the looks of it.

Honestly, based on the videos, it’s the same Hotplug we all have now - just targeted at on board TB3 users.

Motherboard
Asrock g81m vg4
CPU
Celeron 2.8 dual
Graphics
Ati R5 200
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi friend ! I have a hackinyish system runing fine but wih no TB hotplug . This causes a few problems i think cause sometimes it wont boot to the OS so i have to restart .

I have a Asus Z97-AR motherboard i7 4770k
with a Asus EX3 . Im trying to follow this thread but cant seem to get how this is done . Can this be done on my system ?
Is there any help guide on how to do that ?

Thanks