i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
hi Lele,
Can you help me patchh PCI-TB? I do not see PXSX and don't find ""thunderbolt" in my ioreg. I use Apple cinema and use PCI adapter connected.Sorry about my bad english.
Main : Asus X99 Deluxe
GTX : GTX 980Ti
Monitor : Apple Cinema 27"

Thanks.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.4 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm not clear on the fix: Would a SSDT that fixes hotplug for, say an LG Thunderbolt monitor, also fix hotplug for a UAD Apollo Thunderbolt Audio Device, and/or a daisy-chained Thunderbolt MultiDock 2? I realize this is very specific, but isn't data just data, or are there "negotiations" going on specific to the different devices. -As opposed to generality of USB or Ethernet?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.4 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm not clear on the fix: Would a SSDT that fixes hotplug for, say an LG Thunderbolt monitor, also fix hotplug for a UAD Apollo Thunderbolt Audio Device, and/or a daisy-chained Thunderbolt MultiDock 2? I realize this is very specific, but isn't data just data, or are there "negotiations" going on specific to the different devices. -As opposed to generality of USB or Ethernet?
12.14.2018... Nothin'?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
If I had to guess, I would say that all devices do not communicate the same. Maybe I just have not messed with enough settings to make it work but I have been unable to get Hotplug to work with my G-Drive External Hard drive. My monitors hot plug on tests but that is with a USB-C ---> HDMI and that is without an SSDT. Also I think the OP has an issue with one of his devices not working with Hotplug. The only thing the SSDT have done for me is allow me to eject the drive and have it leave the IO Reg. Unfortunately I do not have any other true Thunderbolt devices to test with.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Recently purchased Gigabyte Z390 Designare motherboard with onboard Titan Ridge controller. As Gigabyte advertises, it allows us to drive discrete GPU video signal to motherboard's DP input and then it lets onboard TB controller to send the signal to the TB3 ports so we can connect Thunderbolt displays and other devices to them.

Using @CaseySJ guide, I've managed the controller to be recognised in macOS, but Apple Thunderbolt display doesn't show up anywhere and doesn't turn on. I tried various BIOS settings, various SMBIOS types, nothing helps.

I'm wondering, if there's a chance at all to make Apple Thunderbolt display work with onboard Titan Ridge controller of Z390 Designare? Btw, I have access to my Macbook Pro 2012 which works seamlessly with the display. Maybe it can help in order to extract some ACPI/DSDT information to make a proper .aml patch or something. Will greatly appreciate any help!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K OC 4.4 GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everybody. If it would help the overall effort, I can attach some screen shots or output files of some i/o reg data from my actual 2012 6,2 Mini during it's interaction with the Apollo 8 if that would be of any help. I also have data from the data recording Instruments tool, but I don't know yet how to read its incredibly dense data. My Thunderbolt devices are a BMD Multidock 2 and a UAD Apollo 8. Let me know if I can help.

Motherboard
GA Z170X-Gaming-7
CPU
i7-6700 3.4 GHz
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580
As can be seen at the TB-documentation of the Linux-Kernel it is specific at least for 4 Security-Levels: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.13/admin-guide/thunderbolt.html

Question: Is it possible to take the TB-Drivers of Linux for a MacOS-kext?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Rog Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Edit: reading the other thread on the other forum about this topic I’m gonna try the first SSDT from post #1 and try that! Hoping you guys make some progress in the near future
That's what I did, I adapted that same SSDT for my hack.
I'm trying to understand how you have so many PCI devices listed here. I have several that are installed, including a FW card recommended in the Buyer's Guide, and even that's not listed, never mind my Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Rog Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Put the ssdt in ACPI>patched and do not do anything else. First check that the ACPI paths of your motherboard are the same as the ssdt. In the worst case, once the computer is turned on nothing happens and the hotplug does not work.
All these ssdt are based on iMac18,3 smbios
Is this specific to the Gigabyte boards or will this work with Z270 Asus Hero 9 and Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card?