Contribute
Register
Edit: reading the other thread on the other forum about this topic I’m gonna try the first SSDT from post #1 and try that! Hoping you guys make some progress in the near future
That's what I did, I adapted that same SSDT for my hack.
I'm trying to understand how you have so many PCI devices listed here. I have several that are installed, including a FW card recommended in the Buyer's Guide, and even that's not listed, never mind my Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card.

Attachments

• NO PCI devices.png
    NO PCI devices.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Put the ssdt in ACPI>patched and do not do anything else. First check that the ACPI paths of your motherboard are the same as the ssdt. In the worst case, once the computer is turned on nothing happens and the hotplug does not work.
All these ssdt are based on iMac18,3 smbios
Is this specific to the Gigabyte boards or will this work with Z270 Asus Hero 9 and Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card?

Great! Now in PCI info you can see the Alpine Ridge!
However, we also see the entry that corresponds to the USB 3.1 that is present in the Asus cards but not in the Gigabyte ones, probably it is a part of the old code.
View attachment 323303
I want to know whether a genuine Mac will display Thunderbolt peripherals in PCI list when Thunderbolt peripherals are connected? The only Mac model, as I know, has information in PCI list even when no Thunderbolt peripherals plugged in is Mac Pro 6,1, which display its dual AMD graphic cards in "System Information-PCI" with slots saying "slot-1" and "slot-2".

I want to know whether a genuine Mac will display Thunderbolt peripherals in PCI list when Thunderbolt peripherals are connected? The only Mac model, as I know, has information in PCI list even when no Thunderbolt peripherals plugged in is Mac Pro 6,1, which display its dual AMD graphic cards in "System Information-PCI" with slots saying "slot-1" and "slot-2".
I connected an OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock to the fourth Thunderbolt 3 port of a Mac Mini 2018. The two USB controllers, one Ethernet controller, and one FireWire controller in the dock appear as PCI devices with these slot names:
Thunderbolt@69,0,0
Thunderbolt@71,0,0
Thunderbolt@72,0,0
Thunderbolt@70,0,0

I chained an OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock to the Thunderbolt 3 dock. The controllers had these slot names:
Thunderbolt@77,0,0
Thunderbolt@76,0,0
Thunderbolt@78,0,0
Thunderbolt@75,0,0

I chained a Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter to the Thunderbolt 2 dock. The FireWire controller was given this slot name:
Thunderbolt@82,0,0

I moved the Thunderbolt 2 Dock to the first Thunderbolt 3 port of the Mac Mini. The controllers in the dock were given these slot names:
Thunderbolt@196,0,0
Thunderbolt@197,0,0
Thunderbolt@195,0,0
Thunderbolt@194,0,0
Thunderbolt@201,0,0

The first number after the @ is obviously a PCI bus number (in decimal). The next two numbers are probably PCI device and function numbers.

I'm not sure what's required for System Information.app to list a device as a Thunderbolt PCI device. Maybe it will list any endpoint that is a child of a device with the "PCI-Thunderbolt" property (with value = 1).

I have a 2008 Mac Pro with PCI cards in slots named:
Slot-1
Slot-1
Slot-4@13,0,0
Slot-4@12,0,0
Slot-2@3,0,0
Slot-2@5,0,0

Slot-1 is the graphics card with two functions having PCI addresses 07:00.00 and 07:00.01.
The cards in Slot-4 and Slot-2 each have a PCIe switch to support multiple controllers. The three numbers are the PCI address in decimal of the end point devices.

Slot-4 contains a CalDigit FASTA-6GU3 Plus with a AHCI SATA controller at 0d:00.0 and a ASM1142 XHC USB 3.1 gen 2 controller at 0c:00.0.

Slot-2 contains a GC-TITAN RIDGE with a Thunderbolt NHI at 03:00.0 and a Titan Ridge XHC USB 3.1 gen 2 controller at 05:00.0.

I believe the slot names (for non-Thunderbolt devices) come from ACPI for devices that have something like:
Code:
Name (_SUN, 0x01)  // _SUN: Slot User Number
where 0x01 is the slot number. The macOS then creates a property named "AAPL,slot-name" with value = "Slot-1" in the IO registry.

There's probably a guide somewhere that shows how to add a PCI device to the list of PCI devices in System Information.app by creating an SSDT to modify the DSDT in ACPI.

Working on it now using the directions and @kgp link from page 1 because my Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt card goes to the PCH on my MOBO. According to @jb007, builders with the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, Rev. 1.0 and the Alpine Ridge v2 TB card should use F7. I always pull the TB card from the machine when updating downgrading the BIOS. YMMV...

Hi @kgp I thought I'd give you and @LeleTuratti an update:

GA-Z370 AORUS Gaming 7-F7 uses RP21. The GC-Alpine Ridge v.2 card goes in the last slot on the mobo where the back of the card will easily attach to the TB header on this mobo.

Two questions:
Do I need to change the PCI0 to PCI1 or PCI3 or do I just leave it alone?
Do I need to change the UUID in the DTPG to match my own build?

Thunderbolt still works for the UAD, it doesn't come back after switching it off then back on.
System definition is iMac 18,3.

Last edited:
What's up people!

I'm trying to get fully working thunderbolt on Z87X-UD7-TH

Here is what i've got at this moment.
 Z87X-UD7-TH comes with DSL5520
So i decide to make my own SSDT from scratch

01. I make DarwinDump from my Original Macbook Pro 11,3 (macbook pro mid 2014) - because it also comes with DSL5520 !!! Cool!!!

02. I check fresh post with Gigabyte Designare Z390 build, especially SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V3.aml file how it's coded.

03. Then at clover boot screen i use F4 to get DSDT, SSDT and right values from them.

04. Code my own SSDT

I can't say that i'm 100% right and my code too, but my screenshots, ioreg and system report can say that i'm close enough to finally get it to work! 

Thanks to @kgp for help and @CaseySJ for great job on Z390 Designare -

I already buid four Systems on that guide!

Here is the important values and bios settings for Z87X-UD7-TH

PEG1->RP01

PXSX

95e6bcfa-5a4a-5f81-b3d2-f0e4bd35cf1e->e5c937d0-3553-4d7a-9117-ea4d19c3434d

Falcon Ridge DSL5520

pci8086,156d

What i don’t know yet
How to get right values in SSDT-TB2-01.aml for 
01. "pathcr" - line 318
02. "ThunderboltDROM" - line 333
03. "ThunderboltConfig" - line 352
04. "LinkDetails" - line 361
05. "ThunderboltUUID" - line 367 - this one i get from Clover DSDT Dump

My thoughts at this moment i need to install Windows and install all drivers and check whats going on when hot plug devices because on left side of screenshot #3 we can see original macbook pro’s more information about thunderbolt ports vs iMac Hack on the right, this looks like nobody never install drivers on this board on Windows - i hope it helps.

I attach all my DSDT, SSDT, ioregs, original Dumps and screenshots in All-Files archive

If somebody can share some more info or correct me, please do so! Thanks for this topic!

01.png02.png03.png04.png05.png

Attachments

• All-Files.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Overview

OTHERS CHIPSET - TB on PCH
The hotplug has not yet been fully implemented for now, but considerable progress has been made.
ATTENTION:
All the next SSDTs are based on my ACPI paths (PCI0.RP05), if your paths are different you have to modify them inside the SSDT.
> If you're not familiar with this check the EXTRA part at the end of this post <

Now download the SSDT TB from the kgp guide, or use the one pre-edited on this thread: DOWNLOAD SSDT-Z370-THB3HP

Hello @LeleTuratti ,

Can you tell me the origination of that download link. It doesn't point to a thread, it's just a download link. Thanks!

This one.png

Back