Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. I'll run this for a few days and see if that helps any. If everything works out fine, I'll add the HDMI edits. Onboard audio works just fine which is what I primarily use.

You need to make changes to your config. SMBIOS/Trust should be True not False, CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x3 should be 0x67.

You need to make changes to your config. SMBIOS/Trust should be True not False, CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x3 should be 0x67.

Done and rebooted. Look better now?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 196
Done and rebooted. Look better now?

Yep spot on. Although its would be better if you set InjectKexts to Detect instead of Yes and move realtekALC to L/E.

Yep spot on. Although its would be better if you set InjectKexts to Detect instead of Yes and move realtekALC to L/E.

Done. InjectKexts set to Detect and I moved realtekALC to L/E. Attached everything again for a final review.

Also made sure to update Clover to the latest version and also updated FakeSMC and FakePCIID to the latest versions from RehabMan's repositories as well.

Attachments

• Andrew's iMac.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
Done. InjectKexts set to Detect and I moved realtekALC to L/E. Attached everything again for a final review.

Also made sure to update Clover to the latest version and also updated FakeSMC and FakePCIID to the latest versions from RehabMan's repositories as well.

Looks good. See how you get on now. Report back if you have any freezes.

Voiletdragon, can you please confirm I have patched the ACPI correctly in my last thread on the previous page.

I have followed your video to do it. Assuming it's patched correctly, I am still getting freezes.

Nothing attached. Attach Clover folder removing Themes & ioreg ZIP attach.

Sadly, yes. ACPI seems to have made no diff.
Can people please test with Photos library what I posted back a few posts ago.

EDIT: More testing yet again has revealed that an soon as I click a library to become a systems library, it WILL freeze. Have multiple libraries without any assigned as systems library and there is NO FREEZE.

Could it be a SMBIOS/ MAC/ROM issue and related to photo streaming which is part of when its a systems library?

Edit: tested with new SMBIOS and without signing into iCloud. Still freezes. I swear its a photos library issue.

I'm testing this now as well. I could see an issue there - maybe some old video I have in my 10+ years old collection that cannot be rendered correctly. Would make sense that this is some operation it's doing while idling. Will report back in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back