Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revision attached using IOReg 2.1.

ACPI isn't patched. No SMBUS or MCHC device, XHC isn't patched neither. USB 2 is coming under EHC1, EHC2 which isn't correct should be coming under EH01, EH02.

ACPI isn't patched. No SMBUS or MCHC device, XHC isn't patched neither. USB 2 is coming under EHC1, EHC2 which isn't correct should be coming under EH01, EH02.

I simply followed the instructions here and placed the attached file in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 138
Can you direct me to a resource for ACPI patching a Gigabyte H77N-WiFi system?

Use PJALM Patches or you can make your own SSDTs to use along with Clover Hotpatch. Ive started working on Series 7 for my Z77-DS3H but not got time to finish.

Last edited:
So it seems so far that my current Photo library will not freeze if it ISNT there system library. As soon as I click for it to be system library, it begins to freeze.

Sure enough, after re-enabling iCloud Photos and creating a new library, the freezes started up again. Seems to definitely be related.

Guys can we focus this thread onto this photos issue? It seems to be reproducing amongst other users. ACPI is not related.

For those testing, can you
1. make sure you backup the photo library so you don't lose all your data
2. create a new library by holding down 'option' key when opening photos. Create a new library
3. Delete your first photos library (if you're unsure its the one in photos preferences that has 'use as systems library' greyed out.
4. Open up your new secondary library and check in photos preferences that 'system library' is NOT selected/greyed out.

From my testing so far, Mac will NOT freeze if there isn't a systems library. I don't know why.
I, or someone else, can test whether importing new photos into the new library and selecting systems library also works, or not.

I am hypothesising, somewhere we have corrupt photos libraries. I personally have transferred my library over from iPhoto and there might be a bug.

I can't spend all this time testing, need other users to join in, replicate, and someone with more computer brains actually work out whats happening.

Sure enough, after re-enabling iCloud Photos and creating a new library, the freezes started up again. Seems to definitely be related.

Guys can we focus this thread onto this photos issue? It seems to be reproducing amongst other users. ACPI is not related.

For those testing, can you
1. make sure you backup the photo library so you don't lose all your data
2. create a new library by holding down 'option' key when opening photos. Create a new library
3. Delete your first photos library (if you're unsure its the one in photos preferences that has 'use as systems library' greyed out.
4. Open up your new secondary library and check in photos preferences that 'system library' is NOT selected/greyed out.

From my testing so far, Mac will NOT freeze if there isn't a systems library. I don't know why.
I, or someone else, can test whether importing new photos into the new library and selecting systems library also works, or not.

I am hypothesising, somewhere we have corrupt photos libraries. I personally have transferred my library over from iPhoto and there might be a bug.

I can't spend all this time testing, need other users to join in, replicate, and someone with more computer brains actually work out whats happening.

Personally i think its related to Graphics. I use Photos app all the time and don't have Freeze issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back