Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that, and it may still be related to graphics, I'm just stating whats occurring. Its possible there could be a photos library problem and/or these freezes are a manifestation of a graphics problem.

Im currently in the process of following this guide for ACPI, I believe by you, thanks for the video! Lets see if it works...

EDIT: Completed the video, please see IOREG for ACPI patching. Should be fine, ill test to see if freeze occurs.

Last edited:
I can understand that, and it may still be related to graphics, I'm just stating whats occurring. Its possible there could be a photos library problem and/or these freezes are a manifestation of a graphics problem.

Im currently in the process of following this guide for ACPI, I believe by you, thanks for the video! Lets see if it works...

EDIT: Completed the video, please see IOREG for ACPI patching. Should be fine, ill test to see if freeze occurs.

Does it still freeze?

Does it still freeze?

Sadly, yes. ACPI seems to have made no diff.
Can people please test with Photos library what I posted back a few posts ago.

EDIT: More testing yet again has revealed that an soon as I click a library to become a systems library, it WILL freeze. Have multiple libraries without any assigned as systems library and there is NO FREEZE.

Could it be a SMBIOS/ MAC/ROM issue and related to photo streaming which is part of when its a systems library?

Edit: tested with new SMBIOS and without signing into iCloud. Still freezes. I swear its a photos library issue.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Andrew's iMac.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 88

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    56.3 KB · Views: 113
Test the DSDT I've attached. Attach ioreg after reboot.

Done and done. My audio over HDMI isn't present anymore, but I believe I can fix that later if everything else works. I rarely use it anyway.

Attachments

• Andrew’s iMac.ioreg
    7 MB · Views: 119
Done and done. My audio over HDMI isn't present anymore, but I believe I can fix that later if everything else works. I rarely use it anyway.

DSDT i provided is a clean DSDT from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin which is fully patched. HDMI can be patched by making the edits.

Gotcha, so the DSDT I'm using has no edits currently, correct?

It has edits for ACPI but not HDMI you will need to add them yourself. Also noticed that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x3 should be 0x67, SMBIOS/Trust should be set to True not false.

It has edits for ACPI but not HDMI you will need to add them yourself.

No problem. I'll run this for a few days and see if that helps any. If everything works out fine, I'll add the HDMI edits. Onboard audio works just fine which is what I primarily use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back