Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safley Upgraded from app store app here. :) Modify your boot loader Just before you install - add kext-dev-mode=1 to the config.plist create a 10.10 folder and add FakeSMC.kext to it - /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10/

then re-install

FakeSMC.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
X79X86PlatformPlugin.kext

Please clone OS to a USB and have a spare original working boot loader on USB just incase of any issues.

I'm back to having the issue of "can't see the install screen" due to my Titan Black.

In the past I had to pop in a natively compatible (no nvidia web drivers needed) card to do an install.

Looks like I may have to do that again...next week maybe..

Does imessage work in yosmite when using the clover bootloader? I just did a clean install of yosemite, going the traditional chimera/multibeast way, but seems like the nvram method from back in the days doesn't apply to yosemite anymore. Are you guys sucessfully using imessage with clover? Shiloohs guide would be a perfect match for a first clover install, for me at least :)

10.10 up and running on my system, still trying to figure out how to get bluethooth to work again.

I haven't had time to install Yosemite yet but I'm curious if you guys are having to use kext-dev-mode=1 to get around the kext singing issues?

Edit: just saw that in macprodan's post

Personal experience *yosemite*: don't install the genericusb3 kext on x79 deluxe it will ruin your natively working usb3.

Personal experience *yosemite*: don't install the genericusb3 kext on x79 deluxe it will ruin your natively working usb3.
The developer released a slightly newer build to work with Yosemite dev builds at the other popular hack site. I haven't tested any of it though.

The developer released a slightly newer build to work with Yosemite dev builds at the other popular hack site. I haven't tested any of it though.

I've tested both, didn't work. it isn't an issues since it works natively with proper speeds

Not yet. The author of FileNVRAM has not update his routine to work on Yosemite, yet.

i thought filenvram isn't needed in clover? at least the guys over at "how to fix imessage" reported that yosemite doesn't work with the nvram route anymore and that they had success using clover for imessage and facetime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back