Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the best. Thanks so much for your help. Felt like I was never getting there at times.

Everything boots from the drive now no problems. I had to go through step 8c again. Booted without the caches, re-did 8d and then fixed!

OK back home now.

Thanks again
MohammedAldisi.

-Installed Clover to your bootdrive and edited config.plist with the 5-8 digits + uuidgen and MAC address
-Made a DSDT and a SSDT and placed them both in ACPI/patched
-Use kext for your audio, ethernet, fakesmc, generic usb, and x79 plugin.
-Installed Nvidia webdriver.

Here's what I did. Via the EFI mount App I mounted my boot drive volume. I assume this is were we need all these files located and not on the "regular" Mac OS Drive?

I went to the patched directory and my DSDT is there including a bunch of SSDT files. I also checked the plist file and its ok.
NVIDIA driver installed. the tool shows that I'm using the OSX default Graphics Driver.

Strangely enough none of my Kext files where on the EFI mount ???

All seems to be working fine.

You'll want a Mac compatible pci-e raid card. You don't want to use the MoBo's intel SATA for raid.

It isn't possible to make an intern RAID 5 without a mac compatible pci-e Card ?

@Cronik

Yes, all the files are in the EFI partition of your boot volume.

You don't need to have the kext in the boot volume EFI files, only in the usb EFI files-for installation-. If you inject the kext using kext beast or whatever app, you are fine.

If you feel that everything works then you did everything correctly. You will know if you messed up when you face a problem, bug, or a feature you need that doesn't work

@Poine
Hey,
I've read that people pulled raid 0 on their bootdrive using gigabyte motherboards. But as for raid 5, everything that I've read was of people using HighPoint cards for it.*which are osx compatible raid cards*

hi guys,
Just to be sure, I did a full reinstall just now and everything went smooth as heck this time!

one question, the Pc keeps booting with the Clover GUI. How can I skip this? So it boots straight to MAC PS?

Do you select clover Boot options from the GUI and select Remove all clover boot options?

BTW, I'm going to install a dual boot with windows 8.1 So will removing the GUI matter?

Any advice is welcome! thanks again all!
Cronik

Shilohh many thanx from me too for this great guide

I'd like to make a build especially for Smoke so I followed your guide with success with the following components:

Apple OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
CoolerMaster Cosmos II (Case)
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core i7-4930K
Corsair Hydro Series H80i
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB
Adata SSD 256GB Sata III Premier Pro SP900 (system disk)
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 1T (framestore storage)

Looks everything is ok for now. My only concern for the moment is the performance of Samsung and GTX 770. I have the feeling that both hard disk and graphics card have poor performance. At least is not what I'd expected...But I'm not quite sure ...

For the Samsung (connected in 6Gb/s SATA ports):
Inside the application I made a Disks Speed Test for Samsung and the result was:
TEST DISKS: Sequential Frame Read, 182,95 fps, 0,01 spf, 308,73 MBps

For the GTX:
Regarding the GTX 770 I have no evidence that proofs my concerns but I have the feeling that has not the response that I would expect in navigation. Though Maverics recognize it as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770...

So I'd like to ask if anyone has compleeted this build for Smoke use
and also if there is a test that I could do to verify the speeds of GTX 770 and Samsung EVO 1T (as framestore disk)

thnx again
chris

I have been away from Hackintosh about a year. I want to ask a question. I have Asus Rampage IV Extreme, 3930k and gtx 680 with 4gb video memory. Can i use this build without a problem in the new 10.9.4? Also does osx natively supports powermanagement and speedstep for lga 2011 right now?

Thanks.

@pdrufo,
Glad you got it sorted :)

@poine,
AFAIK You can do software raid in OS X but it won't have as good performance. As Mohamedaldisi pointed out, the 2 6g intel sata ports support raid 0 or 1 through the x79 chipset but you need those ports for your boot drive(s). For video post production you want a proper raid card.

@chronik,
If you wind up at the clover GUI every time you boot, it's either becaus you are booting from the USB installer's bootloader which is set to show the GUI for 5 seconds, or your system is detecting a key being pressed which causes you to enter the GUI (a handy feature you won't want to disable as you'll undoubtedly need to access the GUI at some point) or maybe you used the config.plist for the USB in the boot drive (this is where you set the time out for the GUI). If your USB installer is still plugged in, unplug it and restart. If you still get the GUI, mount your OS drive's EFI partition and verify that the config.plist is the correct one (it should have GUI timeout set to 0). Also try unplugging your keyboard and mouse to see if you still wind up in the GUI when you start the system. If you do, you may have a malfunction in your keyboard or mouse.

@abrasmelin,
Yes this guide should work fine for you but You'll need the kext from my speedstep guide to enable speedstep for SandyB-E CPUs. You'll also need to remove "SSDT.aml" from the acpi/patched folder in the files for the OS boot driv's EFI partition and generate your own following my speedstep guide. There is a link to the guide at the bottom of the OP in my last entry in the edit log.

@flintgr,
please save and post your system report and an ioreg. It sounds like your evo is stuck at 3gbps speed. It's possible OS X is only using the sata port at 3Gb instead of 6. Is it connected to an intel or asmedia 6Gb port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back