Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Salderos,
The sensors in the boot drive are located in /system/library/extensions/fakesmc/plugins. We put fakesmc in the EFI of the USB so we can boot the system before we've installed the fakesmc kext to SLE

YES! I'm stable now! so, shall I just proceed onto step 10 and create my DSDT? everything I did leading up to this is saved, correct?

I'm installing 10.9.3 - Do i need to do the steps you did when updating from 10.9.2?

And what am I to do about my GTX 770 not working properly? Is this the time to update the drivers? I want to proceed and make my DSDT, but I believe I should have my graphics card working first, correct?

I'm struggling to find a R4E at a decent price. I'm wondering if I should stick to my Sabertooth X79. Anyone else using that board with this setup? AFIK people are using the Black edition with the 4930K.

Also, if I'm using dual 770s, is my 750w power supply enough or should I upgrade?

YES! I'm stable now! so, shall I just proceed onto step 10 and create my DSDT? everything I did leading up to this is saved, correct?
Yes

I'm installing 10.9.3 - Do i need to do the steps you did when updating from 10.9.2?
No. That is just a description of how to update the OS and web drivers.

And what am I to do about my GTX 770 not working properly? Is this the time to update the drivers? I want to proceed and make my DSDT, but I believe I should have my graphics card working first, correct?
I'll send you a SSDT soon. I may ask you to do some testing though.

@Shilohh - You got it man. I'll only be available for the next 1.5 hrs then I need to head out. Shall I continue with making a .DSDT anyway and then we can work with the SSDT you send me? Or shall I hold off until I get you SSDT?

Thanks a ton!

I'm struggling to find a R4E at a decent price. I'm wondering if I should stick to my Sabertooth X79. Anyone else using that board with this setup? AFIK people are using the Black edition with the 4930K.
Sabertooth should work. Might have to change the DSDT edits. Please hit F4 the first time you reach the Clover GUI and then mount the EFI partition and send me the EFI/Clover/acpi/origin folder. I'll make sure the there aren't any conflicts or errors for the DSDT edits. The R4BE should also work and I've gotten the onboard wifi working with DSDT edits.

Also, if I'm using dual 770s, is my 750w power supply enough or should I upgrade?
Look into it and do the math. Just guessing, it sounds like you should get a bigger power supply. I use a 1,000w with my 2 Firmi GPUs.

@Shilohh - You got it man. I'll only be available for the next 1.5 hrs then I need to head out. Shall I continue with making a .DSDT anyway and then we can work with the SSDT you send me? Or shall I hold off until I get you SSDT?

Thanks a ton!
You can make the DSDT any time you want.

Please try these SSDTs (They have nothing to do with the CPUPM SSDT) one at a time in the /EFI/Clover/acpi/patched folder. For each one, please check if all the ports work and if you have multiple monitors, please try all the combinations of using multiple ports. Please make detailed notes of any issues.

Attachments

• 770 4GB Slot1.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 77
@Shilohh - You're amazing. I'll try all these right now. A thousand thank yous!

Can you suggest a method in testing these? Right now I have one monitor plugged into my graphics card that works. Nvidia 7300GT 256mb. I have an extra monitor as well.

Whats the best way to test the GTX 770 then? I've patched the first ssdt, powered down, unplugged the 7300gt and plugged into the 770, and there is no video feed. Is that how I should be testing it, or should i be hotswapping the cables?

By the way, in my system report, it says I have no PCIe installed and the 770 isn't recognized at all.

The 770 must be in slot 1. Try all the different ports. The 770 should now be recognized in the system profiler as a PCI card and Graphics/Displays.

I'm starting to suspect there is a hardware problem. You might want to try installing windows to see if you have the same problems there.

The 770 must be in slot 1. Try all the different ports.

Confirmed. The 770 has always been in slot 1, But it still isn't being recognized. The fans spin, but no output.

I have to wait to try the HDMI port, but the two DVI ports do not work. I have no output when I restart so I can't see the clover GUI or login screen.

This is the case for both ssdt you sent me.

The odd thing is I HAD it going when i first began the build. I was sitting in the BIOS and my buddy peeled off the plastic liner on the silverstone case, and as he was doing that, I lost the monitor feed. Could that have been static? is that even possible??

Sounds like your 770 might be a dud. You may want to see if it works in windows before RMAing it just to be sure. Also double check you PCI settings in the BIOS. You should also try a CMOS reset with the 770 installed (you'll need to reenter all your BIOS settings so take note of anything you've changed).

Oh yeah, make sure that Inject Nvidia is set to false in the config.plist when using the GPU SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back