Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@salderos,
try disabling full screen logo.

Disabled, still not output from GTX 770 and still no install screen of OSX. Won't get passed the apple logo. Still rebooting.

Disabled, still not output from GTX 770 and still no install screen of OSX. Won't get passed the apple logo. Still rebooting.
Boot verbos or without caches and take a picture where the verbos freezes

Boot verbos or without caches and take a picture where the verbos freezes

Hitting F10 at the verbose boot wasn't snagging a screenshot, so i snapped this with my phone.
I hope it provides enough info!

UPDATE: AMAZING!! I dug back through the forums @Shilohh to your post #87 and it worked for me
Please try deleting the sensors from the fakeSMC kext.
Mount the USBs EFI partition.
Navigate to the kexts folder that you copied to the USB.
Right click on FakeSMC.kext and choose show package contents.
Go to FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns and delete all the sensors kexts.
Re-boot without caches again.

Currently installing OSX without any hiccups thus far. We shall see!

Attachments

• Salderos-verboseboot-01.jpg
    Salderos-verboseboot-01.jpg
    823.3 KB · Views: 104
Hey Shiloh, Wondering if you could help. I'm completely new to Hackinstosh, I have a

i7-4930K
ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79: SOCKET 2011

And I cant seem to get past the Chimera Boot screen. Just cant get to Installer. Im trying to install Mountain Lion from my Unibeast USB.

At the bootloader Iv tried various boot flags to no avail, such as:
-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
-v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

And still I cant get to installer? I've set my BIOS to optimized defaults too? I so need help o_O Im so lost. If you could help me that would be fantastic!!
Any OS older than 10.9.2 requires a patched kernel to work with IvyB-E CPUs.

UPDATE: Everything went smoothly until i got to step 9.

I dragged the .kext files to the desktop, and ran kextbeast, and it immediately popped up saying these files werent authorized and they were improperly installed??

5 seconds later, I got a gnarly panic. i've managed to snap a pic in case anyone can help me out.

something about the .kext files it didnt' like. up until then I had followed Shilohh's instructions to a T. In order to install OSX, i did have to delete all the sensorkexts from the FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns folder.

Could that have something to do with it?

thanks!!

Attachments

• Salderos-afterStep9-Panic.jpg
    Salderos-afterStep9-Panic.jpg
    819.8 KB · Views: 94
@ salderos,
Sounds like the sensors are causing trouble again. Try to boot -x and delete the sensors or boot -s and use terminal to delete them (sudo rm -r)

Shilohh, sorry to insist but do you have any idea for my issue ? I have made many many search on other forum and I ddin't find a solution.
Like I said into the other topic, we have a chance that one of your edited DSDT should work about the disk ejected because my old build has an issue (all drives was seen as external before), and now with the fresh installation only Marvell attached drive are seen as external.
I need to fix my gpu issue before, I can't test all your DSDT because boot time are sooooo long with nv_disable=1...:beachball:

@Shiloh Thanks for getting back to me! I don't know about patched kernels, complete noob. But if you point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Samo

@ salderos,
Sounds like the sensors are causing trouble again. Try to boot -x and delete the sensors or boot -s and use terminal to delete them (sudo rm -r)

Awesome, I'll try that. Then delete them from the EFI bootdrive?

You wouldn't happen to know what exactly I could type into terminal to delete them? is that what "sudo rm -r" will do?

Thanks for you help Shilohh!

UPDATE: I don't have enough time to delete the sensors befor it panics again. I have maybe 10 seconds before it gets angry. If there another way to access that folder and delete them?

UPDATE 2: Using a HardDrive dock, i mounted my SSD OSX Bootdrive to my laptop and then mounted the EFI partition. I navigated to the kexts folder on the boot drive and there is no .kext files on the bootdrive. Can I just drag and drop the new kext files from the SLE Kexts folder you've provided Shilohh? Perhaps I'm missing something here? Any ideas?

@Salderos,
The sensors in the boot drive are located in /system/library/extensions/fakesmc/plugins. We put fakesmc in the EFI of the USB so we can boot the system before we've installed the fakesmc kext to SLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back