Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sandybeaches,
If you had read back through the posts in this thread, you would've already known that inject nvidia = false is something you should have already tried. Change it to false in the config.plist to make it permanent.

Will it affect how my GPU performs in any way? What about the video streaming thing I was talking about?

Thanks

Will it affect how my GPU performs in any way? What about the video streaming thing I was talking about?

Thanks

No I think not.
I've a GTX Titan black, and this GPU works well with shilohh's advices.
You just have to set inject=false and nvda_drv=1.
Please be sure you have the last nVidia & Cuda drivers with the control panel first.

I think you'll be the first to run 2 770s. You'll want to inject them as parent and child through acpi but I'll provide the SSDTs if you do the build. To install, leave the second card switched off (pci switches on the R4E) until I send you the ssdts and follow the guide as usual. Apps like Pr & Ae CC and resolve will deffinetly benefit from 2 or more GPUs.

Thanks Shilohh...I'm a little nervous about going solo on the dual 770s, so I may get the Titan Black since others are running it successfully on this build.

I'll have my parts delivered by Thursday, so I'll post my findings if I go with 2x770.

Thanks again for all of your help.

No I think not.
I've a GTX Titan black, and this GPU works well with shilohh's advices.
You just have to set inject=false and nvda_drv=1.
Please be sure you have the last nVidia & Cuda drivers with the control panel first.

Thanks sebtech. Also, I see two options for the graphics drivers "Nvidia Web drivers" and "OS default graphics driver". By default my comp has OS Default selected and I can't switch it over to the Nvidia web drivers option. Does it matter at all? I apologize if this was explained before.

Also, is it possible to use Multibeast to install the audio drivers?

Thanks sebtech. Also, I see two options for the graphics drivers "Nvidia Web drivers" and "OS default graphics driver". By default my comp has OS Default selected and I can't switch it over to the Nvidia web drivers option. Does it matter at all? I apologize if this was explained before.

Also, is it possible to use Multibeast to install the audio drivers?

Please verify into the system report you have the driver loaded like me on this pict :

Sans titre.jpg

Thanks Shilohh...I'm a little nervous about going solo on the dual 770s, so I may get the Titan Black since others are running it successfully on this build.

I'll have my parts delivered by Thursday, so I'll post my findings if I go with 2x770.

Thanks again for all of your help.
2 770s will work. The gk110b (newer titans and 780s) cards are very tricky and will be more difficult than 2 770s because the 770s work with apple oem drivers and the gk110b require the web driver. Just buy what you want and we'll get it working.

Has anyone run a compatible kit of 64gb of RAM on this? Is it possible? If so, what kit did you buy?

Has anyone run a compatible kit of 64gb of RAM on this? Is it possible? If so, what kit did you buy?

Also, will Firewire ports work with this motherboard? Does anyone also know of a cheaper case that will fit all of these components? Can a person have multiple displays with this graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back